18.

" Our hearts are still connected
Else we'd not have met again. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One such hectic day, today Anika has to work in college for the full day.

It was lunch break when Anika was summoned by their college principal.

“Excuse me, sir” Anika greeted opening his door.

“Yeah, Good Afternoon professor Anika,” the principal said in a kind and funny manner.

“Sir, what is it? You too…” Anika said feeling embarrassed.

“You know Anika, I’m really proud of you, not many can realize their life’s real purpose and pursue it. You all don't know, but I also got a very good job in foreign when I was young, but I wanted to stay in my hometown, and then I became a professor for living. Gradually I have fallen in love with my profession and here I am, successfully running this college” the Principal said feeling nostalgic.

“Well sir, I didn’t expect this from you. You were really cool and I’m proud to be your student” Anika said, feeling very surprised.

“Even I’m also proud of you because nowadays every student only sees the highest salaries, very few pursue their interests.”

“Sir, you are making me feel embarrassed by praising me, but then I really wanted to become a teacher, and thanks from bottom of my heart for giving me this opportunity,” Anika said.

“Pleasure is mine, dear, okay, apart from this the reason I called you is, that I think Avinash Adani is from your batch right?”

“Yes sir, we both belong to the same class,” Anika said with pride.

“Good, I think you also have heard about Avinash winning a prestigious award and becoming Swing CareFree’s head for our country branch, So we, I mean our college want to congratulate him and as well honour him as our alumni to motivate our students”

“This is really great sir, how can I help you?”

“We have already contacted Avinash regarding this but I think it would be best if you also communicate with him and yes invite all your classmates too”

“Definitely I’ll sir. And when will the event happen?”

“Maybe within a week, I’ll notify you once fixed”

“Okay sir, Now I’ll take my leave, lunch break seems to be over, I’ve to go to class”

“Okay, carry on with your work and contact me immediately if you encounter any problem in college”

“Thank you very much sir,” Anika said and left the principal’s cabin.

Anika went to her coaching institute and continued teaching students. After completing class when she was crossing the computer centre on the down floor she saw Chandana flirting with a man of their age who came to learn a special course and even that man was also responding positively, noting in her mind to ask her about this later she walked out without disturbing them.

As Anika unlocked her car, one of her co-workers called her.

“Anika mam”

“Yes, Niranjan sir, what happened?”

“Mam, I may need leave for some days, My wife’s health is not good and I have to accompany her”

“Is it very serious?” Anika asked in a commanding tone.

“No mam, But I think 15-20 days is required”

“I can give you them, but I'll have to find another teacher before I can grant your leave,” Anika said.

“But mam”

“But what, Niranjan sir? If you tell me on such short notice then how can I grant you leave? You also very well know the situation here. Okay, do one thing, take your wife to the hospital tomorrow, I’ll manage for tomorrow, in meanwhile you too search for any teachers who can replace you”

“Thank you Anika mam”

“Take care of yourself and your wife, bye”

Anika immediately sent a message to her department’s head that she can’t come tomorrow to college for some emergency and her request was granted. She sighed in relief and prepared a poster for job offer and posted it online. Of course, even hard-earned money doesn’t come for free, every job has its own difficulties.

After dinner when she checked her phone, she messaged Avinash,
‘Heard that you are invited to our college, good for you’

 After dinner when she checked her phone, she messaged Avinash,‘Heard that you are invited to our college, good for you’

So here is the next chapter,

See you soon,
-Ahseenam