38.

" I've tried to remember a day
That I couldn't think of you.
Guess what I found,
Well, The answer is none. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Anika woke up earlier than usual and messaged Avinash saying, 'Good Morning Love'.

Anika woke up with a fresh spirit.

Anika has taken a shower and wore a beautiful yet simple sea-green color saree, the saree has flowers designed on the border, and the color is highlighting Anika.

Anika went to do breakfast. When Suma, Gowtham, and Krishna saw Anika, all were mesmerized. Suma gently smiled at Anika and confirmed with her eyes. Gowtham came near Anika and patted her head saying, "I know my baby will make wise decisions". Krishna teasingly commented Anika and congratulated her,

Suma took Anika to a room and adjusted her saree. Now the saree fits Anika and it's highlighting Anika.

"Mom, your hands have magic, previously she looked like a gorilla wearing that saree" Krishna commented.

Anika ran after him and beat his shoulder but it didn't affect Krishna even a bit. Huffing, Anika sat on the couch. Krishna too silently joined her side.

"So sister, previously I doubted you both, but then I thought my sister was innocent, so I erased that thought. But you and him, when did this all happen?" Krishna asked after a few minutes.

Not having another choice and not wanting to hide, Anika shared about the time before Avinash left India and after their meetings. Of course, Anika hadn't said everything but she said the main necessary story.

"Honestly, if I was in Avinash's place, I'd never see your face again," Krishna said.

"Krishna now we are good, leave us" Anika sighed. She was already regretting her actions for the last 3 years.

"Exactly Krishna, they are fine. But after listening to this story, I can see how much Avinash loves you, I can feel at ease in marrying you to him, Goodluck, my daughter." Gowtham said to her daughter and his face is showing he is proud of Avinash for becoming his son-in-law.

"You are right, even yesterday, Avinash very politely asked us, Avinash is really the very right choice for you," Suma said.

"Thanks, dad and mom," Anika said and kissed his father and mother on their cheeks.

Anika was now very confident about her next step. She has her family fully supporting her, settled in a good position, earning well, and above all a man who loves her all over the world. Even if life stops there, Anika would surrender to her fate. The moment is bliss.

Avinash at the daily time came to his car, messaged her, and waited for Anika, but even after waiting for 10 minutes she didn't come nor replied to his message.

When Avinash went to Anika's home, her parents said she had left for college.
Strange! Avinash thought. He started his ride to the institute as it was near opening time.

Avinash saw Chandana talking with a student named Murali, more than talking they were flirting with eyes.
Avinash couldn't care about none but Anika, asked her, "Do you know where Anika is?"

"You should know better than me. After you came, she's talking less and less to me" Chandana accusingly glared at Avinash. By now Murali left.

Avinash mumbled a "sorry" and felt a little pity for Chandana but it was not his mistake.

Between, Avinash was shocked to hear from Anika when she said Chandana was seeing a student. But seeing her now flirting with that student, he knew something more was going and something serious it'll be in future.

Actually, Anika has told Chandana about her plans, after all, it was Chandana who had to help her with the arrangements of her plan. Chandana was happy as well as angry with Anika, once all this was completed, she promised herself she'll make Anika pay.

In college, every student and lecturer asked Anika, "what's special today?"

Anika smiled politely and said "nothing"

Honestly, Anika's saree is a daily wear saree, but, since Anika doesn't wear sarees daily, it's making her look special today.

While coming out of the college, Anika met the principal on the way.

"Good Morning sir"

"Very good morning, any special occasion today?" the principal asked.

"No sir," Anika replied.

"Anika in event day, I've heard you and Avinash were in college until very late"

"We were just catching up with our college life sir, It's nothing" Anika tried to reply as normal as she can.

Principal raised his brow towards Anika and said, "If you say so, but I'll wait for your good news"

Anika blushed as he guessed everything right.

"Soon, you'll sir"

Principal gently patted her head and left.

While coming out of the college gate, Anika saw Avinash stylishly sitting in the car.

Ahh, I'm sad to say, But the story is coming to the end. It's last but one chapter.

Guys, Thank you for 0.2k votes.
It means a lot to me.

See you soon,
-Ahseenam.