17.

" That love was so beautiful
But I was the one who ruined it. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not having any choice, Avinash decided to do it.

He went near Anika. Anika kept one leg down and another leg, which was paining, on the bench. Avinash went near her and kneeled on the ground in front of her, he examined her leg carefully and said "Now this may pain you a little"

"O..kay" Anika responded unsure of what he was going to do.

Avinash carefully twisted her ankle in the right direction while Anika shouted and gripped his shoulder in pain. After coming to normal, Anika removed her hand realizing where she kept it and his gaze.

Avinash too stood and asked her "Now can you walk?"

"Okay Anika, take care, we'll be going. See you tomorrow" the First Elder said.

"You too aunty, Thank you, See you tomorrow" Anika replied and both elders left not before the second elder patted Avinash's shoulder telling him to take care of her.

Anika tried to stand and walk but she failed and fell on the bench. Not having any choice, Avinash sighed and lifted Anika in bridal style. It took Anika by surprise and she unknowingly kept both her hands on Avinash's neck inhaling his manly scent.

Avinash started walking towards their home and Anika then saw their surroundings and how everyone was staring at them. She felt shy and asked Avinash to put her down "Avinash all are starring us, put me down"

"So what if I put you down? Will you be able to walk? No, right? So it's better this way and we'll be fast" Avinash said carefully, not with fully happy expression.

"Avinash, am I heavy?" Anika asked, trying to push her luck to keep him talking to her, after all it's been many days they talked to each other like this.

"Don't worry I've lifted even 150 kg weights," Avinash said looking at her after knowing her intention.

"Youuuu" Anika shouted and hit him on his shoulder.

Avinash stopped in front of a medical shop and bought a pain relief spray with Anika still in his arms.

"Avinash, you kno..w, can we...., you know right, can w..e...?" Anika tries to ask him when they are nearing their homes.

"What Anika?" Avinash's tone was irritating.

"Nothing. It's just congratulating you for your award winning and for your promotion. I know you can achieve anything you want." Anika said, diverting the topic and his attention.

"Thank you very much for your wishes. But I didn't achieve your heart." Avinash muttered, but the second part in himself. Anika heard it but not completely, when she wanted to ask him they reached her home.

Avinash took Anika to her home and explained to her parents what happened in the park and gave them pain relief spray that he bought for applying to Anika. Their parents stopped Avinash when he wanted to leave and made him drink coffee before leaving and thanked him for helping their daughter.

'Thank you for today' Anika sent a message to Avinash after getting ready and her pain is reduced now.

She sent two ticks was shown but they were not blue ticks. Anika saw Avinash online, but her message was not seen.

Good for him, Anika scolded herself and left for her day.

Anika checked her phone after reaching college and still there was no message. Now she was furious.

While Avinash was trying his best not to see her message but he couldn't help it. He couldn't hurt her. He saw her message. He opened their chat. It ended the day he left to foreign country 3 years back. He re-read their conversations. How happy was their friendship? Never once he had expected it'll turn out this way.

But he saw her happiness and her hard work for her passion. Maybe it's worth it for her. One hour completed after seeing her message, he reluctantly replied her 'Welcome' and he sent another message 'I'll help anyone in that place'

After Anika completed her classes, she opened her mobile and saw two message notifications from Avinash, she instantly opened his chat and she got furious again.

Oh, so he'll help anyone. So next time if I see any dog on the road I'll take it to him.

Anika thought to herself.

What, did Anika just now compare herself to a dog? Sure love and jealousy can reduce anyone's IQ and it's proved now in Anika's case.

Well, let's just hope their love will start to bloom again.

Thank you guys for reading and voting so far.

Don't forget to vote,

Have a nice day

See you soon,
-Ahseenam