Ch 2: Get To Know

Amilia pov:

This is fucking stupid!

Since she arrived she's done nothing but made my life harder. More work, more hours, less time to complete projects given, told to redo schedules and paper she assigned.

I'm on thin fucking ice with her and it's pissing me off. She barley speaks to me, makes dumb fucking remarks, and waves me off every time I suggest something.

"Yo! Amilia!" A finger snaps in front of my face pulling me from my thoughts. Looking up I found Max's happy face staring back.

"Sorry, I was distracted." I closed my computer and gave him my full attention despite not wanting too.

"Whitlock?"

"Whitlock."

"I see. Well we're about to go to lunch. I was gonna see if you wanted to join." He pointed a thumb over his shoulder with a pudgy smile. He was a bigger guy but he was really sweet and lovable.

"Sure. I'd just have to check with the devil first." I scoffed, standing up as I make my way to her office.

"Good luck soldier." He saluted me and took an elevator down to where the others are I'm sure.

Knocking on the door twice I heard a quiet 'come in' from the other side. Pushing the door open I found her standing and looking over some files in hand. She was facing away, her front facing the large glass window that looked over the city.

"Ms. Whitlock, I'm gonna go to lunch." I tried to leave but she stopped me. I was hoping if I said it fast enough I could just leave.

JUST LET ME LEAVE!

"I didn't approve of it." She closed the file and tossed it on her desk, keeping her body facing the window.

"Right, but it's lunch and I need food so... I'm gonna go." I tried again but she stopped me by snapping her fingers.

The same guy as before comes out of fucking NOWHERE and shuts the door, keeping me trapped in the room with this shark. She spins around and faces me, her arms crossed over her chest as she walks to the front of her desk. Leaning against it she looks me up and down carefully.

Watch yourself asshole-

"Don't you look pretty." Her deep voice sent a chill down my spine. I hated to admit it but she looked good today.

Black pants and vest with a navy button up with the sleeves rolled up to her forearms. She had a few rings on her fingers, a watch, and oh god there were veins traveling up-

"No response today?" She chuckled. I totally spaced out, fuck!

"I'm not something for you to ogle at Ms. Whitlock." I cross my arms and keep my face neutral. She smiled and pushed off her desk, stepping closer to me.

She circled me. I could feel her eyes undressing and redressing me in seconds. Stopping in front of me she reached out and gently grabbed a lock of my hair and let it fall between her fingers.

"That's a real shame... I'd stare all day if I could. Then again I wouldn't get any work done now would I, Ms. Singh?" She was so close, I could smell the mint in her breath and feel the heat from her body.

"Can I go to lunch or not?" Keep your cool Alex, she ain't shit, she's nothing.

"Sure, as long as I can join." Her deep chuckle made my stomach feel queezy.

"Why? You don't need to join me at lunch?" I scoffed. As if I want you dining with me, let alone this fucking close.

"You've piqued my interest." She grabs her coat and pockets her phone. Opening the door she holds it for me and motions out of it.

"Shall we?"

________

This is stupid, this is so fucking stupid, this is dumber than jumping off a building! Fuck! I'm at lunch with her and it's fucking dumb.

We took one of her luxury cars and had someone else drive it, we're at a fancy restaurant in the back. This woman won't leave me the fuck alone.

"You look a little red there Ms. Singh." She stared at me. That same fucking position as the meeting. Face in her palm, leg on knee, I want to punch her in the face.

"I'm fine..." I stabbed my veggies and took a bite of it, ignoring the way she smiled at me.

"Tell me about yourself." She sipped on some wine, her eyes locking onto mine.

"No."

"Ouch, couldn't you just share your favorite color?" She set the glass down and took a bite of her steak.

"No." Simple answers are key. Maybe if I annoy or piss her off she'll leave me alone.

"Do you have a problem with me?" She sipped her wine after, her eyes holding mischief.

"I don't like you." I firmly said. This made her chuckle and pat the table.

"Why is that?" She called a waiter over to fill her glass again. Stopping him, she took it and inspected it closely.

"I think you have a huge ego and think that you're entitled to things when you're not." I bit into the chicken and almost moaned at the taste. Holy fuck this food is good.

"What things am I entitled to then?" She arched her brow and leaned forward. She smelt of earthy cologne and alcohol, it made me shiver.

"My time, my effort, hell even this fucking lunch right now. You also blow off meetings and miss paperwork making me have to show up and finish them for you." I stabbed my chicken harder than necessary.

"I'm a busy woman." She smirked, her eyes seemingly turning a bit darker... weird.

"Not busy enough if you're wasting your time here." I take a bite of my food and smirk at her. She smiles and leans back in her chair, one hand still on the table.

"You're not a waste of my time, darling." Her accent leaks making the same queasy feeling in my stomach return. I was gonna retort about how I'm not and that this doesn't matter but we were cut short by a man approaching our table.

"Azy! Hey, we have that meeting to go too." He had tan skin and light brown eyes, he looked really pretty for a man.

"Have Lilith handle it." She waves him off, her eyes never leaving me for a second. What is her deal!?

"Lilith is out... so that leaves you. Let's go." His voice went from cheerful and playful to dark and serious. Turning her gaze to him she scowled and got up.

"I'll see you soon Ms. Singh, oh, and reschedule my 5 o'clock. Thank you." She flattened out her suit jacket and left with the man.

Did she just stick me with the fucking bill!?