Ch 64: Face To Face Pt.2

Azrael pov:

I felt light, really light...

My eyes shot open and I was gasping for air, I looked around to find a vast open field. My heart is racing at this point, the last thing I remember is being on top of my building.

I was holding Ryker and then the building... it fell into the river, so why am I here? Standing to my feet I looked around and saw nothing but more of the wide open feild. The sun above me was blinding, the clouds were fluffy and spread out.

A noise behind me pulled my attention away from the sky. Looking back I saw a familiar building. It was the one Ryker and I used to play in, only it looked brand new. No damages to the outside, instead it gave a warm and cozy feeling when looking at it.

Carefully and cautiously I walked towards it, going up the stairs as I held the railing. The porch didn't creak nor did it look as damaged as it used to. Grabbing the handle to the door I slowly opened it to reveal the inside.

It was fully furnished, the old, moldy, and broken furniture I knew well was all new. It looked to be from the 50s from the design and furniture that littered inside of it. I walked around amazed, touching and looking at anything and everything I could.

It brought a small smile to my face to see it in its glory, to hold the beauty I knew it had. I stood in the entrance way of the living room, letting my fingers brush over the wood of the walls.

"Azy?"

My body flinched as my heart rate jumped, looking behind I found Ryker standing there. He wore black slacks and a royal green button up with a few done to show some of his chest. His hair was a little longer and his face wasn't burnt.

It threw me off to see him like this, no scars, no anger in his eyes, he looked like I thought he would if I ever saw him again. A smile graced his lips as a childish giggle left him, he was rushing to me without a single care.

I couldn't react as he was already lifting me up, spinning me around with a laugh and smile. When he set me down he brushed some hair from my face, a warm smile I had long forgotten.

"Ryker..."

"You made it." He moved his hands to hold mine, his thumbs brushing over my knuckles with such care.

"And you look amazing, as always." Looking at myself I was in an outfit much like his, only my button up was white and much more flowy.

"What happened? I thought... I thought we died?" His smile faltered for a moment before it returned. He shook his head and pulled me along with him.

"Look, the holes are gone and there's no creaking." He motioned to the massive hole that was normally at the bottom of the stairs.

"Ryker-"

"It looks just like we imagined!" His hand squeezed mine, much like when we were kids.

"Where am I?" This question seemed to pull him away from himself. Leading me to the back of the house we went out to the backyard it held.

"Lay with me." He plopped down onto the grass and gazed up at the sky without another word. Letting a sigh go I did as he asked, laying myself somewhat near him.

We didn't speak for some time, just staring up at the sky as if we were watching stars. When I couldn't stand the silence and unanswered questions anymore I sat up with anger swelling within myself.