Ch 44: Broken Deals

Azrael pov:

The blood covered the floor, it covered my hands, it was everywhere. I was struggling to breathe, this can't be happening…

He's dead… he's been shot…

Scrambling to my feet I ran to the window to see for any sign of a shooter, someone took him out. Why? He had nothing to do with Greenwood or Donny, so why take him out?

Seeing no one in the vast openness of their land I moved back, going to the door and leaving him there. I run past butlers and maids covered in my Father's blood. Nearly falling down the stairs I reach the dining room, my mother and brother stand to their feet.

"Oh my god! Azy!"

"What the fuck happened?!"

They rushed to me but I couldn't speak, all the words died in my throat. They reached me and checked me for any injuries, their hands getting bloody.

"Did your Father do this?!" She sounded angry. When I didn't speak she she looked worried, almost like she knew.

"Where is he?" I could see the fear in their eyes. My silence brought nothing but more suffering.

"I'm sorry…" Tears fell down my face, mixing with the blood.

Damien took off first, running up the stairs as my mother pulled me into a hug. I wept into her shoulder like a litte kid, I don't know how she didn't cry herself.

Why do I cry? Why shed tears for a man who never truly cared for me? He was cold, unemotional, manipulative, and distant. So why do I cry for him? He was abusive my whole childhood, there is no reason to cry for an abuser.

I guess it's the tiniest bit of kindness he showed me, the rarest moments of love he would express. Even in the end he worried about someone he hated. I guess I cry of what could be and not what was. I cry for a man that never cared.

When Damien came back down he had tears running down his face as well. He was closer to our Father, he liked him more than me. I could understand his pain for losing him. He never raised a hand to him, wasn't as distant with him, he loved and cared about Damien. 

Our mother gathered him into her arms, soothing him just like when we were children. She called over butlers and talked with them about calling police and people to clean up. I couldn't help, I wasn't in the mindset to help properly.

I don't know how long we were here for, but police came and took statements, clean up crews came and took his body away. I changed into a plain black shirt, I didn't want his blood on me anymore.

I wanted to mourn him even if he hated me, but I needed to move forward. I needed to get answers and figure out what's going on. I also needed to get back to Amilia, I left her with Axe.

Grabbing a silent Damien I hug my mother goodbye, and set him in the passenger side as I take the driver side. He looked numb, I don't blame him. Taking out my phone I send a text to Axe to make sure Amilia gets to a safe house tonight.

Setting it aside I took my time driving us home. Both of us mourning over a man we never liked.

___________________
Amilia pov:

We left Donnys room some time ago, he kept spewing nonsense, besides I would kill him if he kept staring at me. We were in a different room that looked like a break room of sorts, I'm unsure. Axe came over to me with his phone in his hand, a neutral look on his face.