Ch 26: Anger & Pain

Damien pov:

Walking the halls of an old abandoned factory I could hear the muffled sounds of groans and talking. Going closer I bump into Lilith by a door, she looks happier than usual here.

"Is she in?" I ask, hand ready to open the door.

"Yeah, she's just letting out some aggression." She smiles and opens it before I can. The muffled sound becomes clear as we step inside.

There was a bloody and beaten man sitting in a chair tied down. His name is Garry. He owed us money and Intel on Donny and Greenwood's crew. He has yet to give it or tell us anything, this resulted in torture.

Azrael was pummeling his face in, a cold and stern look on her features. It scared me how much she looked like our Father at that moment. Fist after fist connected with his face, each one getting stronger. She was grunting and huffing as she beat him, it was a bit concerning.

Going up to her I grab her by the waist and pull her back, she struggles and pushes me off. She looked pissed, blood was splattered on her face and covered her hands. She wiped some from her face and spat on the floor.

"What is it?" Her tone was cold. This isn't Azrael, not the one I love and care about. It's just like Josephine all over again.

"You're gonna kill him and we need him for intel." I warned her. She scoffed and moved back a bit, avoiding my gaze.

The man in the chair struggled to breathe with his nose caved in. He was mostly covered in blood, gashes and wounds. His face took the worst from the beating. Looking for Az I found her smoking a cigarette as she cleaned up her hands.

Some of the thugs looked more nervous and on edge because of Azrael's sudden behavior. It's been about a week since the incident, she had spiraled terribly because of it. The only thing that pissed me off or concerned me was Lily's response to it.

I watched as the redheaded woman sauntered over to her, running her hand down her clothed arm. Sighing in frustration I move closer to get the woman away from my grieving sister.

"I could help Azy-" Lily was trying to touch her face but Azrael caught her wrist and stopped her. A cold and distant look in her eyes.

"Don't call me that." Some of us called her it occasionally but… Amilia called her it more than anyone. I guess it's ruined the sound of it.

"I know you're upset, but I could help you cool down." She continued to flirt with her despite the obvious anger she was showing. Tossing her hand away Az grabbed her by the throat and pulled her close.

"Leave me the fuck alone, Lilith." Shoving her back she removed the cig and stomped away as Lily coughed. I helped the woman up and gave her a disappointed look.

Chasing after my sister I caught up, walking beside her I could feel the anger and hatred roll off her. Grabbing her shoulder I stopped the woman, she gave me a questioning look.

"How are you holding up?" She chuckled dryly and swatted my hand away. She continued to walk till we were outside in the freezing cold air. Snow fell as she lit up another cigarette.

"What do you think?" She took a drag and blew it out, watching the cloud mingle into the snow.

"Sorry, I'm just worried." I leaned against the building as her gaze casted into the empty area around us.