Ch 66: Epilog

Azrael:

1 year later

A year ago from now everything was extremely hectic. We were basically at war, fighting for our lives, and watching people close to us die. Now I'm happy and in Paris with the love of my life.

Time flies and it's so wild. I was 25 when I met Amilia, still young and uncaring of everything around me. I'm 29 now, I have goals and ambitions that I want. I'm a different person from then and I couldn't be happier.

We'd been here for about a year and we're finally having the wedding. I wanted to do it immediately but Amilia thought it'd be better to wait and give us time to relax from everything. I'm glad we did. It just gave me more time to appreciate her.

I smooth out my tux to try and calm myself. Looking into the mirror I found my reflection. My hair was shorter again, it was long for some time. I looked a little older but not by much.

The door to my room busted open and my men fell in with happy smiles on their faces. They hugged me and cheered me on about getting married.

Axe looked happy. His hair was a little more grown out and he was rocking a full well trimmed bushy beard. He hugged me with a wide smile and set me back down.

Claudio came up next to hug and congratulate me. His hair was much longer, he had just a mustache to show off on his face. Giving a wide smile to me he turned me to my brother.

Damien looked great. His hair was well kept and short with a constant five o'clock shadow on his face. He looked older and it suited him. He gave me a massive hug and set me back down.

"You excited!?" He slapped my shoulder a bit, all of them staring at me. I chuckled and nodded, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"Of course I am. I get to tie the knot and finally settle down with her. No more chaos." They laughed and agreed with me, happy grins on their faces. The door was knocked on before a head poked in.

"We're about ready to start." It was Jeremy. He looked a little more different. His old messy brown hair covering his face was worsen now.

His hair looked like one of those shaggy dogs, you just couldn't see his eyes at all. His hair was longer and he looked a little more mature but it was the same man. They all nodded and followed him, leaving me to dwell in my nerves.

I stood in silence for sometime till another knock came. The door opened and revealed my mother to me. She held a massive smile as she got closer and hugged me.

She had some burn marks on her arms and face but she looked the same. Age hit her a little more but she was still a beautiful older woman. Stepping back she adjusted my bowtie with a smile.

"I'm so proud of you." She cupped my cheek and gave it a soft affectionate pat. Holding her hand I nodded and kissed her knuckles.

"Thank you." Without another word we walked out the room and towards the ceremony.

We left the beautiful mansion and found ourselves walking to a beautiful set up not too far away. Trees in the background swayed as the sun shined down on us. My mother held my arm as I walked down the aisle.

Bringing her to her seat I went up and stood in my spot. Damien was my best man with Axe and Claudio behind him. Looking out into the group of people I could see some of the men and women in my ranks looking back. My mother looked proud and happy as we waited for my soon to be bride.