Ch 40: Danger

Amilia pov:

I'm mad at Azrael.

She keeps going along with my flirting or teasing but doesn't man up and do it herself. She mostly lets me do it and stops when things start heating up. I just wanted to be close with her again.

I don't give a fuck about Josephine, for all I care she can go fuck herself. I want Azrael, and eventually I'm gonna get her. She'll cave and I'll sneak my way back into her heart, where I belong. Until then I'm suffering in silence.

"We're gonna be late!" Em opens my door, throws a pillow at my face and leaves right after. 

"You're an animal!" I shouted back, groaning that I had to get up and work.

It doesn't take me long to get dressed and leave, the short ride to Flux was nothing. By the time I'm no longer spacing out, I'm dressed up and already dancing on my platform. I stopped doing drugs in hope it doesn't push Azy away, which it hasn't, thank God. 

Candy and are also on good terms, we talked things out after I almost attacked her for the stuff. Now I just dance and serve drinks, it's boring but it had its moments of fun. Like now.

You'd think she'd understand that I can tell when she's looking at me but she doesn't. My eyes find her across the room, nursing a drink and watching me with intense eyes. I go out of my way to turn up the sex appeal, hopping she gets frustrated enough to need help.

When one of the male dancers joined me on the platform I took full advantage. Grinding and sliding my body across his, it wouldn't matter to him, he's gay. Azrael doesn't know that though and it shows. She downs her drink, pays and makes her way over, sliding through the crowd with ease.

Just like last time she pulls me from the platform and takes me away from the crowd. I laugh and follow, knowing just how possessive and protective she could be.

"I thought you were gonna quit?" She was angry but she held it back well.

"Heh, Az I need money. It's not like I can just make it appear." I scoffed, crossing my arms and leaning against the wall.

"Then I'll pay you."

"I work for my money, one way or another."

"You've let me before?"

"That was different."

"Different how?"

"Different as in we used to fuck. Mostly me fucking you but you get the point." 

We had moved closer as the altercation went on, only a foot between us. Tugging my lip between my teeth I eye her with a heated gaze. Her brow twitches as she rubs her face in frustration.

"Fine. Then you'll make money a different way." She threw her hands up and backed away from me. I followed as she walked out the room and towards the backroom with the other dancers and bottle servers.

"How do you suppose I do that?" Going to a changing room I get out of my work uniform and dress back in what I was wearing before.

"7 Heartstrings." She mumbles quietly, moving me out of the room. Emily waves and makes a texting motion as I leave.

"Care to elaborate?" She takes us outside and has someone pull her car up. She opens my door for me and gets on the other side.

"We're gonna do a hit."