Ch 9: The Ace

Azrael pov:

"Let's make this quick, yeah?" I said through a com, tapping my ear.

"We're in position." Axe's voice came through my earpiece.

"Lilith?"

"Target spotted. Moving in."

"Claudio?"

"Aye, up top and waiting, Amigo."

Downing the rest of my drink I got up from the bar and moved around the banquet. It's the last day I needed to be in this godforsaken city. Passing through the crowd I bump bodies with Lilith, each of us going different ways.

Moving to the open area I was able to gather eyes on a young woman. Moving towards her I put on my best charm, hoping she wouldn't be so hard to deal with.

"Aren't you ravishing?" My accent thick as my hand is held out for hers. She eyes me before a smile breaks on her face.

"You are?" Her Boston accent is a little heavy with her words.

"Avril Garson." Taking her hand I bring it to my lips and kiss the knuckles. She blushes and giggles, typical.

"Aren't you charming?  What brings you here?" She moves a little closer to me.

"Business, but you happened to catch my eye. Care to dance?" I motion to the floor. She smiles and pulls me towers the multiple duos of people waltzing.

She starts to ramble about something but I tune it out. My eyes flicker up and I can make out Lilith leading a heavy set man out of the place. Smiling, I give my most charming smile to the woman.

"You make it hard to not ravish you here and now." I husk out my words, her body shivering under my wandering touch.

"A little handsy." She smirked.

"By all means, stop me." I wished this woman was Amilia instead, I much prefer her feisty attitude towards things.

"I'd prefer not to. More would be better." She whispered in my ear.

She presses herself closer to me, almost grinding on me. Keeping my kindness I pull us from the group and to a more secluded area. Once away from prying eyes she jumped me with a kiss.

Her eyes shut as she embraced me fully, I couldn't bother to close mine. She didn't taste like Amilia and I hated it. Pinning her to a wall I keep her hands above her head, restrained with one of my own.

Reaching into my pocket I pulled a syringe from it, uncapping it as her eyes went wide in fear I plunged it into her neck before she could scream. She gave a deft cry, her body going limp quickly.

"Elevator is clear." Rose's voice rang out.

"Great. Now take this bitch off my hands." I spoke out quietly. Like a shadow, Axe's large figure slips from the darkness. Lifting her onto his shoulder I was able to leave.

I straightened out my suit while I walked back to the venue. Sliding through the crowd I exit out the same door that Lilith did. A long hallway with a Elevator at the end fills my vision.

Striding down it I call for the elevator and step in when it's done. I waited for the minute to pass patiently. The ding altered me and I was stepping out just as quick.

It was only one door, the penthouse of this building. There was some ruckus coming from the otherside which brought a smile to my face. Letting myself in I found Lilith kicking the last guard unconscious, grabbing a gun from between her breasts and shooting him in the head.