Side Chapter: Halloween

Azrael pov:

"We're going to be late!" Adjusting my suit and fixing my hair I stumble out of the bathroom. Rushing downstairs I found Amilia with a sour expression as usual.

"You don't look like you're having fun." I kiss her cheek and grab my keys. Rolling her eyes she adjusted the horns on top of her head.

"I think this Holiday is dumb." She was dressed as a 'devil'. 

Red horns on her head, smokey eyeshadow, ruby red lips, a red pencil skirt and a black button up with red bottom heels. It was minimal but she dressed up at least.

"It's fun. It's about tricks and treats, scary people, and sinning. Think about what we can do." I open the door for us to leave. Callingthe elevator we got in and were on our way.

"Sure. At least you look hot." She sounded pissed but the smile on her face gave away that she was happy with my looks.

"Watch out. I might suck your blood." I lean my head to her neck and nibble on it lightly. She giggles and pushes me away.

We dressed up for work, there would be a Halloween costume contest. The winner got a week of paid time off and dinner at Hell's Kitchen. I loved to Celebrate at work, it's fun seeing everyone partake.

Exiting the elevator and going out we find our car, I get the door for her and take off for work.

"Don't we also have a party late tonight?" She groaned, crossing her arms in frustration.

"Lily always throws a Halloween party. I'm sure it'll be fun." Placing a hand on her thigh I try to keep her reasonable.

"You're lucky I love you." She huffed and looked out the window.

"That I am."

_____________________

Entering the building we found everyone in good spirits. Plenty of people dressed up, ghosts, cats, vampires, wolves, just about anything and everything was here.

"You two look great!" Max came up and hugged Amilia, a wide smile on his chubby cheeks.

"Who are you supposed to be?" We asked, confused by the Hawaiian shirt and jeans.

"I'm Bob from tekken." He made a pose, giving a quote from the game as well. We laughed and applauded him.

"Devil and vampire?" He gave us finger guns. I nodded and Amilia rolled her eyes before walking off.

"She hates the holidays." I excused her. He waved me off with a smile of his own.

"Oh I know. She makes it obvious." We laughed and I left, wishing him a good day.

Getting up to my floor I found Amilia already working, kissing her briefly I headed for my own office. The better part of the day was spent working and taking phone calls.

I got lunch with her and finished up the day with a final meeting. With it all over we caught the end of the costume contest. It was a lady named Helen, she was a transformer that could actually transform with her costume.

We all applauded. I gave a speech about enjoying the extended weekend and thanking everyone for coming in. The day was over and we were finally free to leave.

Amilia all but dragged me out to the car, I laughed as we got in, she was already taking off her costume. The drive home was simple, she mainly complained about the day and asked how it was supposed to be fun.