Ch 65: Ending It All

Azrael pov:

"Let me go!" I thrash in my brother's grip, needing to get away to find Amilia. He held on tightly and tried to keep me from moving.

"You're hurt. Stop trying to make it worse." He held me back and I kept thrashing around.

"I need to find her, I don't care if I'm hurt!" Pushing him away I stumble out if his grip and push myself forward.

My body was in excruciating pain, I struggled to breathe, move, and even look around. None of it mattered though, I needed to find Amilia. He sighed and followed after me with Claudio on his trail.

"Fine..." He grumbled and reluctantly chased after me as I ran down the streets.

The city was littered in bodies, rubble, ash, and civil servants. Most of Greenwood's men were dead or in the process of killing themselves. My men helped civilians as well to hide from cops and not be taken or killed.

I ran my way past people, moving around cars and rubble, I was focused on finding one thing. Damien and Claudio went their own ways to find her as well, I was getting nervous when I couldn't reach her through the coms.

I couldn't reach anyone...

Shouting her name through the streets as I tear down them I felt my body close to giving in. Looking around to catch my breath I could hear the faint yelling of someone. Listening close I started to run to it, hoping it was her.

"Amilia!" The shout came back but muffled, I couldn't make out who it was.

"Amilia!" My ribs hurt and my lungs burned. The shout got closer, I could make out my name from it.

I followed the noise till it led me down a street covered in rubble. A body comes out the other end, limping and looking hurt. It was her, she was alive, she's alright.

Pushing myself I ran for her, using every last fiber of my strength to get to her. Seeing me she did her best to run to me, still limping as she ran. Meeting her in the middle I pick her up, lifting her into my arms.

I held her close, breathing in her scent and kissing her face. Her arms wrapped around me, holding onto me for dear life. Pulling back I set her down and pressed my lips to her, kissing her with as much passion as I could.

"You're alright. You're okay." Cupping her face I looked her over when the kiss broke. She nodded and smiled at me, one that put my soul at peace.

"I thought you died." Tears fell from her eyes. Shaking my head I pulled her into me, stroking her hair gently.

"Almost... but I have a promise to keep, don't I?" Smiling down at her she happily returned it. I didn't care if the world fell apart, I had her and that's all that mattered.

"YOU!" A loud distinctive voice came from behind me. Turning around I found Lilith holding a gun up to us.

She looked bad. She was covered in blood, one of her legs looked mangled, and she had a deep anger in her eyes. Shielding Amilia with my body I made sure she wouldn't be shot.

"Lily, what are you doing?" My brain wracked over any reason she would be holding a gun to us.

"Ryker never told you huh?" She limped closer, keeping the gun trained on me. It was then that it clicked, she was working with him. Some of his last words finally sink in.