Ch 35: Painful Thoughts

Damien Pov:

That was unexpected. Why the hell is Amilia back? What the hell is going on?

I chased after Az, she was stomping away with a confused look on her face. Catching up I placed a hand on her shoulder and tried to slow her down.

"Az…"

"I wanna go home." She mumbled, shrugging my hand off her shoulder.

"Okay let's-" my phone went off, interrupting what I was gonna say. Giving an apologetic smile I pulled out the device.

"Hello?"

"You need to get to the Bronx now." Axe's voice came through, he sounded winded as he spoke.

"I'm kind in the middle of something." I tried to give an excuse.

"Don't care. I found some of Donny's men. Get here now." This caught my attention. Anything related to Donny was valuable.

"I'll be there. Give me 10." Hanging up,  I looked at my distraught sister.

She looked like she saw a ghost. Her hands shook as she lifted a cig to her lips, weakly taking a hit from it. Going closer I pulled her into a hug and held her at an arm's distance.

"We got word on Donny's men. I'm gonna go handle it, Rose is gonna take you home, okay?" She nodded and waited for the smaller woman to grab her.

I left after that, letting them walk back to her place, it wasn't far. Running to the car I get in and start it up, taking off as fast as I can. Weaving through traffic and taking back alleyways, I was there in no time.

Driving down the streets, I kept my eye out for the massive man. Rounding a corner I saw him running across the street and chasing two guys. Getting out I quickly followed him.

"Axe!" He glanced over his shoulder and nodded. The guys threw trash cans down but we jumped them.

"Slow the fuck down!" He shouted, nearly running into a wall as they took a sharp left.

"Fuck you!" They jumped up and grabbed onto a fire escape. Axe was panting and watching them scale it.

"I got it. Take the ground, meet in the middle." Using his back as a launch point I get to the fire escape and scale after them.

I ran up the stairs after them, shouting for them to stop. We reached the top and they quickly jumped off this building and onto the next. When on the other building top, they smiled and flipped me off.

Not stopping for a second I take the leap and make it across, tucking and rolling as I continue to chase after them. They grunted and continued to run, jumping to different buildings.

They jumped to one that didn't go so well, one made it across while the other landed on the edge. He screamed for help as he held on tight. Jumping to the other building I went to grab him but his partner stopped me.

He grabbed me and put me in a chokehold while his friend easily climbed up and charged me. One held me while the other sent punch after punch into my gut. Gritting my teeth I elbowed the one holding me repeatedly, eventually he lets go.

Flipping him over my shoulder I duck another punch from his friend, hooking him onto my shoulder and sending him into the ground. Straddling him I start to beat him senseless, no mercy shown for my anger.