Ch 60: Losing

Azrael pov:

"Stay with him."

"Why? I can help!"

"No, you can't. I don't want anything happening to you. So you're staying here, with Jeremy." I pointed to the man sitting on our couch. He waves with a mouth full of sour candy and a smile.

"You treat me like a child." Amilia crosses her arms and stares me down but I wasn't having it.

"You're pregnant and prone to injury. Stay home and I'll be back. Maybe I'll even bring you some food." I kiss her cheek and leave the house before she can stop me.

Damien waited for me in the car, smoking a cig as I got in. She stands at the door with a sour expression but I blow her a kiss and have Damien drive off. We move carefully through the city, Greenwood's men and police are looking for us.

"Any ideas where she's at?" He asked, stopping at a red light. I groan and sit back in my seat, pissed with myself.

"Yeah, Claudio got a tip." I stare out the window, watching people and buildings pass by.

"No one blames you." He offers but I roll my eyes. Taking a cig out for myself I inhale the smoke and let it go.

"They should. I was used. I shouldn't be so soft. I've grown weak." He laughs and pats me on the shoulder with a wide smile.

"Yeah, love does that." He held a soft smile and I knew, that he knew exactly how I felt.

"Speaking of, what's going on with you and your man?" I elbowed him and received a chuckle.

"He's nice, funny, and pretty great in bed." He tosses the bud out the window and grabs a stick of gum for himself.

"Is it love or lust?" He furrowed his brows and thinks for a moment, trying to come up with an answer.

"At first, I thought it was lust, just someone to help me relieve myself. Now, I think I might be in love with him. He's a good man, makes me feel butterflies and shit." He rubbed his neck with a small blush on his cheeks.

"Wow, Mr. Anger issues does have a heart. How sweet?" He punches me in the arm and I laugh.

"Says you, you're terrifying when angered. I've seen you take down Axe for fuck sakes." I toss my own cig with a smile, grabbing a stick of gum as well.

"He pissed me off." I shrugged my shoulders.

"He nearly died." He gave me a baffled look.

"He loved it." I wave him off completely.

"Yeah he did." He held a grossed out look on his face but it went away when we stopped.

"Let's get to work." I step out of the car and shut it, blending in the crowd immediately. We move along the sidewalk till we reach a bland building.

Moving around the side and to the back we climb uptop, using a fire escape and getting to the flat roof in no time. We find a much more well groomed Claudio waiting for us.

"Glad you decided to join." He tossed us water bottles and sat back in his spot. Taking seats next to him we gazed over the city from a vantage point.

"Any signs?" Picking up a pair of binoculars I scan the crowd thoroughly.

"Nadda. She either caught wind or hasn't arrived." He tossed an almond into his mouth, offering some to me, I declined.