Ch 37: Little Truths, Lots of Lies

Amilia pov:

This is so fucking dumb…

I was dressed in a long sleeve crop top, a black pleated skirt, and thigh high heels. I had jewelry on and my make up done to perfection, I had to for the job Emily got me.

It wasn't bad but not something I was fully comfortable with. I didn't have a choice really, I needed to focus on something other than Azrael. So I turned to work, I threw myself into this job for the past 2 weeks.

Emily worked the same shifts as me, Jermey took to street racing and small robberies. We were slowly becoming a dangerous trio. Sleeping during the day and up all night, sometimes even drinking and partying the night away.

Some nights Jeremy would take us street racing with him, Emily and I would dress slutty and throw the flags down. He was getting really popular, really fast, I'm happy hes succeeding.

Slowly I was coming out of my shell and starting to hate life like I used to. Now I was in Flux and dancing on a small circle platform with a pole in the middle. I put on a fake smile and danced like I loved it, the crowd around me ate it up.

The DJ had some modern music going on, Rap and some pop songs with an occasional EDM song thrown in. All the flashing lights and joyful yells from the crowd did nothing, I still felt a little empty inside.

Taking a break, I moved through the crowd and went for the backstage, taking a couple shots. Looking in the mirror on the wall, I saw Candy skipping over to me, she hugged me from behind as I stood up straighter.

"Ready to have some fun?" She pulled a bag of white powder from her bra and showed it to me with a wide smile.

"Of course." This is the only thing I kept from Emily and Jeremy, I knew they'd kill me if they found out.

We placed it on the counter and cut it up into lines, snorting it after a moment. I could feel it numb my nose and drip down my throat. My energy spiked as my heart thumped, it was exhilarating.

We giggled and went back out, working our way through the crowd and to the small platform. We shared it and danced with each other, showing off for the crowd as the music picked up. I didn't feel so empty when I did this, the cocaine helped keep things at bay.

The music filled my body, my eyes widened and enjoyed the hazy wave of people's glow sticks. I ran my hands across Candy as she did the same with me, both of us turning up the sex appeal.

My eyes took in the crowd of glowing people and loud music, I felt my blood rush and the euphoria hit harder. I didn't feel anything, but good, and that's all I wanted.

I was suddenly grabbed and pulled from the platform. Slapping whoever grabbed me hands away, I turned around to cuss them out. It stopped when I saw who it was.

"Azy?"

"What the hell are you doing!?" She sounded angry again. Why though? I haven't talked to her or done anything.

"What are you doing here?" I asked over the crowd. She furrows her brows at me, irritation on her face.

"Me!? I'm asking you that. Why the fuck are up there grinding on her?" She pulls me through the crowd, her grip tight on my arm.

"Fuck off, you don't get to tell me what to do anymore." I rip my arm away and laugh, the drugs weren't helping in this moment.

"That doesn't mean you should put yourself in this kinda work. Selling yourself for shitty pay ain't worth it." She pulls us into a back room to talk, even though I didn't feel like it.