BC 2: Ex's

Amilia pov:

My breathing came out even but a little heavy as I ran. I had the boys in a double stroller as I ran through Central Park. I had a hefty lead on Azrael, she was somewhere behind me further back.

She lifted weights and did better with calisthenics then I did but I had better cardio. I ran 3 miles every other day but walked regularly. It helps that I mostly worried about work than anything else.

Az has really taken to being a mostly stay at home parent with the boys. So much over the past few months that she's considered herself out of shape. I didn't really see it, she still kinda had abs, just a little more weight on her.

Difference is when she packs it she still looks buff or at least like she has muscle. When I gain it I look and feel fat. She tells me otherwise but I don't take it seriously considering she thinks she has a 'dad bod' now. She just looked a little beefier if anything.

The boys coo and I take a moment, stopping myself at a bench to stretch and check up on them. I smiled when I got to their level, dangling a toy for them to play with. They giggled and took it from me, playing with it together.

Grabbing my water bottle from my bag I take a sip and properly stretch. I feel a tap on my shoulder, making me turn around and find a man with a sheepish smile.

"Can I help you?" I looked him up and down, confused why he would talk with me. Taking a closer look I felt my heart rate spike at who it was.

"Lia? It's been awhile. How are you?" There's no fucking way I just ran into my ex. He's still the same as I remember.

Tall, dark, and handsome with a nicely trimmed beard to match his whole mysterious vibe. I haven't seen him in years, even before I met Azrael.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I looked around to see if Az was anywhere near, I didn't want her meeting him.

"Thought I'd move from Cali, I didn't think I'd run into you." He gave his ever charming smile, one that would make any girl swoon.

"Uh huh? Well I'm gonna-"

"Are these your kids?" He looked at my sons, giving them a charming smile as well. I felt nervous around him, but not In a coy way more so in a 'what the fuck are you doing' here way.

"Yeah… this one's Arthur and This one's Ryker." I quickly introduced them so I can move away from this.

"Single mom?" He had mischief in his eyes, one that was all too familiar to me. I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"You think so low of me." I rolled my eyes, making him chuckle and shrug his shoulders.

"I could think lower if you'd like." I hated the way he smiled, especially since he was checking me out.

"I'm leaving." Turning away I grab my stroller and jog away before he could talk with me.

I would like to say that was the end of seeing him but it wasn't. For the next 2 weeks I kept running into him on my runs, sometimes even when I wasn't running. The park, the grocery store, even this little Cafe I frequented.

I asked him if he was stalking me and he was adamant that he just happened to run into me too often. He thought I was stalking him of all things. I got pissed off with running into the guy but there wasn't much I could do.

I hadn't told Az yet because I didn't know how to… I was also weary of her reaction. She can get pretty jealous, it was hot but this is something I'd rather just handle on my own. As of now Azy was cooking dinner while I fed the boys.