Chapter 22:Partners in the cover

As you looked at the cops you felt like you were gonna die where your standing.You stood nervous as silent as Tate was trying to think.

Tate Frost (mind)"Fuck , I gotta get them off us but how? I still need to get rid of Vic's body in the freezer and Y/n looks like she's gonna give out

Tate Frost (mind)
"Fuck , I gotta get them off us but how? I still need to get rid of Vic's body in the freezer and Y/n looks like she's gonna give out."

Tate Frost
"Srry sir but the last time I ever saw him was the last shift I had him with me that night.He clocked out and that was it."

Y/n (mind)
"How the hell did he just think that off the top of his head?!"

The police officers write it down.

Police Officer 2
"What about you ma'am?"

The inside of you wanted to scream because you had no fucking clue as to what to say to them. For a moment you kept thinking but then.

Y/n
"I was a regular customer here that night and I do remember seeing him when it was around closing time ,clocking out after I checked my items."

The police wrote your story down.

Police Officer 1
"That it?"

Y/n
"........yes.."

Police officer 2
"Well we thank you both for your cooperation, if you hear anything else about Vic do please give us a call."

Police Officer 1
"Do have a safe day you both."

The police officers leave.

Tate Frost
"Cooperation my ass."

Tate looks at you.

Tate Frost
"I gotta say , you did very well with lying Sha."

He smiles.

Y/n
"....."

You back up and sit in a chair.

Y/n
"I can't believe I just lied to a cop..two cops to be exact..."

Your stomach started feel on edge and you started rubbing it to make that feeling go away.

Y/n
"Why do I feel sick?..."

Tate sighs and walks up to you.

Tate Frost
"It's because your body doesn't really know how to react with what you did, it's basically all your nervous mushing together into a ball in your  stomach and it all basically wants to come out."

Tate Frost
"But.."

He holds you close in his arms.

Tate Frost
"I'm proud of you, not many people can fool a cop."

You do a small smile.

Tate Frost
"I promise you , nothings gonna happen to you."

He puts a hand on your cheek.