Chapter 3

The time showed 12 pm, Jungkook woke up from his sleep, he was very tired on his first day of work, he came back at 8 am and immediately made breakfast for his father then went to sleep. He turned on the alarm and woke up just before the alarm went off, he only slept 4 hours before he finally had to go to the kitchen to make lunch for his father.

"Papa, I'll make your favorite chicken soup, I'll feed you." His father just nodded with a smile.

"How is your work? I wanted to ask you when you got home but you seem very tired and need to rest."

"Good, I found another world there, I like it"

"Another World?"

"I can't explain it, but I really like it, love it so much, I think I could work there forever"

"It's not because someone made you like that place, is it?" Jungkook's eyes widened when he heard his father say that.

"What do you mean papa?"

"Jungkook, I took care of you from a baby, if you think you can hide it from me, you are wrong, I know exactly what that expression is, when you say 'love it' you don't mean in the place, right? but to someone there, tell me who is that person? Your coworker? Is she beautiful? Or is he handsome?"

"No, I mean yes, but I really like the place, I've never been in such a cold place before and the atmosphere inside is very different from the outside, but what you said isn't wrong, there was indeed someone who caught my attention, but he is an athlete"

"Do you like him?"

"Of course not papa, I just admire him, he has a very different aura from other athletes, he is like someone made for it, his body, his face even when he starts to move, he is like he is in his world and all eyes will be on him"

"Obviously you like him, the way you describe him is more detailed than the way you describe what you call 'another world'"

"Papa, I'm just amazed because it's my first time with them, but he's very cold, he doesn't look friendly, everyone says he's hard to talk to"

"Hard doesn't mean he really can't be talked to right?"

"What do you mean Papa?"

"Give me your hand" Jungkook gave his hand and his father held it.

"Your hands are warm Jungkook and keep this warm"

"Why?"

"Because he lives in a cold world, one day he will definitely need some warmth and if that time comes give him your hand, remember ice can melt Jungkook"

It's 5 pm Jungkook has to go to work, he doesn't want to be late on his second day. On the bus, Jungkook kept thinking about his father's words while looking at his hands.

"My hands are warm but very rough, he will find another warm hand" Jungkook mumbled

When he arrived at the arena, he saw that the athletes had started training, not as busy as yesterday. He arrived on time 10 minutes before the shift change and he rushed in.

"Hey Jungkook, how do you feel? Did you have a hard time on the first day of work?" Irene said then closed her locker.

"No, my first day was very good"

"Good, have you met the ice prince?"

"Jin hyung?"

"Yes, that means your eyes have been blessed"

"Why?"

"He is very beautiful, the most beautiful of all the athletes here, but he is difficult to touch, only Jennie can talk to him"

"Jennie? Who's she? Is she his girlfriend?"

"Oh I hope that won't happen, Jennie is a ex-athlete, they used to be a pair and always won tournaments together, they are very compatible, their aura is very good and their chemistry is very strong, they are nicknamed the prince and princess of ice"

"Ex-athlete? Why did she come out to be an athlete?"

"While in training, Jennie suffered a leg injury that forced her to leave as an athlete, she broke her ankle and the doctor didn't recommend that she continue her dream, she is rarely seen coming here, maybe because of other activities, but if she comes, I'm sure you will. know who he is right away."

"Irene, let's go home.. oh hi kookie" Jisoo said.

"Kookie? Eonni, why do you call him kookie, it sounds like a nickname"

"He said I can call him whatever, and kookie suits him, he's adorable"

"Kookie, Irene and I go home first, happy work, good luck, byee"

"Bye Jungkook"

"Bye Noona, Bye Irene"

Jungkook came out after changing clothes and saw Namjoon had started cleaning the left side of the arena, he went to the right side of the arena as usual and started doing his work. He was very tired, just imagine that such a big arena is only cleaned with two human labor, actually they have a machine to clean the surface of the ice but it is only used for important events. But if the machine is used, they probably won't be looking for workers and Jungkook won't be there.

"Hey Jungkook, catch this" Namjoon threw the water bottle at Jungkook and walked over to him and sat beside him.

"Thank you hyung"

"No problem"

"Hyung.."

"Hmm"

"Are all the athletes here in pairs? Does that mean they don't perform alone during the tournament?"

"Not all athletes perform in pairs, many of them perform alone, such as Ken, Lisa, Jackson, Taeyon and many more, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, I heard from Irene that Jin hyung was also a pairs before but he is alone now, why doesn't he have another partner?"

"Yes, Jin and Jennie, the prince and princess of ice, they were phenomenal in their time, after Jennie suffered a leg injury, she decided to leave as an athlete, at that time Jin was very frustrated, he and Jennie were like a couple in fairy tales, their movements made hearts the audience trembled and marveled. But since then Jin never wanted to be paired with others, he said he had no chemistry with others and chose to do it himself, but Jin was indeed very talented, even when alone he really stole the attention of hundreds of pairs of eyes watching him in the middle arena, he really enjoys every move and you have to see it when he jumps, it's beautiful, he always manages to execute that move perfectly"

Just hearing what Namjoon said was enough to make Jungkook's heart flutter, he could imagine how beautiful the moment was and couldn't wait to see it in person.

Who can't wait for the next chapter?