Chapter 5

One week later

After that night, Jin never came to the arena, Jungkook waited for him to give the ring he left behind. This night was very quiet no one came, because it was almost midnight.

"Jungkook, are you thinking about something? You look gloomy" Namjoon said.

"Oh nothing hyung, is Jin hyung always like this? He hasn't come to practice for a week, I mean isn't there a tournament in two weeks?"

"Why do you ask? He's never been like this before, he always comes to practice every day, even on weekends, Mr. Lee gave him access to enter even though there were no workers here. He will train even if there is no tournament, so this is his only job."

"Is he sick?"

"I don't know but as long as I work here, he's never absent"

"Does that mean he became an athlete when he was 20?"

"He has been an athlete since he was 15 years old" Jungkook's admiration for Jin is increasing, he feels that there is nothing bad about Jin besides being difficult to talk to.

"Jungkook.."

"yes hyung"

"I think I forgot to take the floor cleaner, can you get it in the storage room? I will clean the surface of the ice first."

"Where's that?"

"You come out and the storage room is at the end of the hall, right next to the toilet."

"Ahh okay hyung" Jungkook came out and walked alone in the hallway, he saw the toilet sign and opened the door next to him. After coming out with the floor cleaner, his steps stopped when he heard the sound of crying from inside the toilet. He was sure that there was no one other than him and Namjon in the sports arena, except for the security guard outside.

He walked over to the bathroom door and pressed his ear against it, hoping he had misheard earlier. But in fact it was really the sound of crying, he tried to slowly open and peek inside. His eyes opened wide when he saw Jin crying in front of the sink with the phone to his ear, he intended to leave because he didn't want to interfere but he stayed there and listened.

"Please, I don't want you to leave, I'm sure we have other options, I'm sure you don't have to leave me, I can't, please, I love you"

Those words really pierced Jungkook's heart, he closed the door and intended to return to the ice skating arena, but he remembered the ring that Jin left behind, which was on his finger.

His steps stopped and he sighed before returning to the front of the toilet and leaning his body against the wall. Not long after that he heard the sound of the door opening and Jin came out, he was carrying the bag he used to carry to store his shoes, his eyes were very red and puffy, they stared at each other, until Jin just walked past him.

Jungkook chased after him and grabbed his hand, irritated Jin and pulled his hand away from Jungkook.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry, but I just want to return this, this ring must be important to you, you left it when you came here a week ago"

Jin ignored Jungkook's words and left him.

"If this ring is not important to you why are you crying for her?" Jin's steps stopped at that moment. Jin turned his head but chose to leave and leave Jungkook.

Jungkook returned with an annoyed look on his face, he couldn't believe there was someone as cold as him. Jungkook lowered his head as he kept muttering and looked at the ring he was wearing until his steps stopped because someone was standing in front of him, he was sure it wasn't Namjoon, because he was wearing skates, he lifted his head and saw Jin in front of him, very close for the first time.

Jin reached his hand towards Jungkook, making Jungkook confused and raised his eyebrows.

"The ring" Jungkook removed the ring from his finger and gave it to Jin, then left.

"At least say thank you" Jungkook mumbled before entering the cleaning room and seeing Namjoon there.

"Why are you so long? Are you lost? I'm sure there's a sign on the door."

"I'm waiting for someone"

"Who?"

"Jin hyung"

"Waiting for what?"

"Giving something back"

"What?"

"Something, I don't want to talk about it hyung, he's so annoying"

"What do you mean he's here?"

"Yeah, he's outside, in the arena"

Tired of just waiting inside, Jungkook decided to come out he saw Jin sitting, without a towel and water bottle, he looked tired but Jungkook didn't approach him. He just sat on the chair and watched it from afar before he finally returned to the arena and practiced again.

Jungkook went back into the cleaning room to get a clean towel and a bottle of water then went out and put it next to Jin's bag, he knew Jin was busy with his practice and wouldn't know what he was doing, after placing it there he returned to the cleaning room.

"Did he ask you for towels and water?" Namjoon said and Jungkook just shook his head.

"He won't use it if he doesn't ask for it"

"Why is he like that hyung? Isn't it annoying, if someone wants to be nice to him?"

"That's it, I've done the same thing as you and until tomorrow morning, the towel and bottle are still in the same place"

Jungkook fell asleep on the sofa and woke up, looked at his watch and it was still 4 am, he looked at Namjoon who was fast asleep there, he came out and his eyes widened to see Jin still there. In the middle of the arena while bowing his head. He looked at his chair and Namjoon was right, the towel was still neatly folded and the water bottle was still full as if it hadn't been touched.

Jungkook walked over to the arena fence and looked at Jin, and soon their eyes met and locked. But it didn't last long, Jin went back to practice until he fell and a shocked Jungkook immediately ran into the arena, of course it was a stupid decision because he would only make him slip on the ice.

He took off his shoes and walked barefoot to Jin and helped him up but Jin pushed him and made him fall again.

"Why do you always pay attention to me?" Jungkook saw Jin's face was very pale at that time, he must be tired and when Jin tried to stand he fell again and fainted. Jungkook immediately approached him, his whole body felt frozen from walking on ice, but he didn't care, he saw blood running down Jin's nose and immediately called Namjoon, he screamed as loud as he could with Jin's head on his lap.

Luckily Namjoon came quickly and they took Jin to the hospital, Jungkook was waiting in front of the ER room barefoot with his feet pale from the cold. Namjoon walked over to him with a cup of hot coffee in his hand.

"Thank you hyung"

"I've contacted Mr. Lee and he will come with his coach."

"Then what about his parents?"

"Jin is an orphan"

"What?"

"Yes, his parents died when he was 3 years old and he lives in an orphanage" Jungkook didn't expect to hear that story. Namjoon sat next to Jungkook.

"And why did you take your shoes off?"

"I can't stand in the arena, I fell because it was slippery so I took it off"

"Those shoes help you walk in arena Jungkook, that's why we were given the shoes, you must be so panic that you slip" Jungkook was silent because he realized that Namjoon was right, did he panic too much to make him fall? He doesn't know either but he doesn't think about anything when he takes off his shoes.