Chapter 34

Jungkook followed Mr. Lee headed for his office, Mr. Lee made him sit on the sofa as he placed his bag and coat on his desk.

"Jungkook"

"Yes Mr. Lee"

"How do you feel?"

"good, why Mr. Lee?"

"What about Jin?"

"He's good too, I guess"

"Jungkook, his coach and I have agreed to ask you to work as Jin's assistant, we both can't make Jin obey, but we all know you can. He has to participate and win the upcoming tournament to avenge his previous loss, he has to train with focus, his training time is very messy, he always comes back this morning and doesn't get enough rest, your job is easy, you just need to watch him train and remind him to rest, the coach can never accompany him until late, but you are used to it, so you don't need to work as a cleaner, you focus on being his assistant, I will change your contract and give it to you immediately if you agree"

That's a very good thing for Jungkook, he can have more time with Jin, but somehow he feels more and more scared, Mr. Lee, his coach and  his fans would want the same win, he also wanted Jin to win in that tournament, but if he were Jin's assistant, it wouldn't change things, Jin would be less focused on his training.

"But Mr. Lee, I'm just a cleaner, I don't know how to help him and I don't think I have the capacity to do that."

"It doesn't matter who you are Jungkook, I mean, you are just a cleaner here but I don't think Jin has ever seen that, he sees you as you are not a cleaner and that's the same thing we see from you, I ask you as Jeon Jungkook to be an assistant Jin"

Mr. Lee walked over to Jungkook and held his shoulder.

"Jungkook, I'm sure you're the only person, he always won the match when he was with Jennie, I know you're not Jennie but you can definitely replace that position as you"

"Have you discussed this with Jin?"

"Not yet, I'm sure he'll agree, considering you guys are so close"

"Can I talk to him?"

"Of course"

"I'll talk to him tonight when he comes to practice and I'll decide my answer tomorrow."

"Okay, that's a good idea, I hope your decision doesn't disappoint me either Jungkook" Jungkook nodded before leaving the room.

He went outside and saw Ken standing alone in front of the entrance, his back to him, but he knew it was Ken.

"Hey" Jungkook stood beside him.

"Aish you startled me"

"What are you waiting for here?"

"My sister, she said she would pick me up" Jungkook just nodded.

"Jungkook"

"Yes"

"I don't know if this is a dream or not but I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"This seems like a dream, I remember your face was very close to mine and I kissed your neck, but I don't remember I did that to you and I think if I did it you wouldn't come to me now, so I'm sorry for dreaming like that"

"Ohhh yeah of course, if I may give you input, whatever your problem I'm sure you can get through it, you just believe you can, I have to go first, bye Ken" Jungkook left without waiting for his answer.

Arriving home, Mr. Park was already in his father's room talking about something. Jungkook just greeted them and went up to his room.

He was very tired and wanted to sleep a little longer before returning to the arena. But while he was sleeping time seemed to pass quickly, he had to return to the arena even though his body still wanted to lie on the bed.

Jungkook arrived at the arena at 6.15 pm, he was 15 minutes late because the road was very jammed. He saw Soobin and Namjoon had started their work and the arena was very crowded.

"You're late" Namjoon said while cleaning the seating area on the left side.

"I'm sorry hyung" Jungkook ran to the cleaning room to get his work equipment.

When he was getting ready, suddenly someone entered the room and approached Jungkook.

"I heard from Irene, that Jin hyung will be paired with someone in the next tournament"

"What?"

"Didn't you hear it? Did Jin hyung not say anything yet? today they will practice together for the first time, even though I thought he would be alone after Jennie noona left" Jungkook was with Jin yesterday but he didn't say anything to Jungkook.

"Sorry but why are you telling me this? I mean I don't need to know about it."

"Ohh sorry I just wanted to say" Soobin came out after saying that.

While they were cleaning the arena, he saw Jin coming with his coach and someone behind him, a beautiful woman, very beautiful, long black hair with milky white skin, almost the same height as Jin, the woman sat beside Jin.

"Wow, it turns out that Sowon noona has succeeded in taking Jennie noona's position as his partner, they will be the perfect couple for the tournament later" Soobin said, Jungkook didn't know he was behind him. He sighed before returning to work.

"Jungkook"

"yes hyung"

"Can you clean the locker room as usual?"

"Yes hyung" Jungkook went into the locker room and saw Jin was waiting for him there, in the shower room as usual.

There were 4 athletes in there, talking together regardless of Jungkook's arrival. He walked into the shower room and Jin took his hand and hugged him.

"Where's my kiss?" Jungkook kissed his lips and looked at Jin.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"About what?"

"Your new partner"

"Sowon? oh about that—"

"I have to hear it from someone else first, even though we were together yesterday" Jungkook's tone made Jin nervous.

"Jungkook-"

"Just answer me, why didn't you say it? why did you change your mind? you chose to perform alone after Jennie noona left as an athlete, you weren't with anyone else after that, but why? when you're with me you choose to perform in pairs again?"

"Jungkook-"

"You still love Jennie noona right?"

"What? no! of course not"

"You guys will meet in the next tournament, you want to prove to her that you can do without her right? do you want to see her jealous? if so why are you with me? why-"

"STOP JUNGKOOK!" Jin knew he couldn't scream in there or other athletes would hear him but he didn't care.

"Do you always raise your voice like this when you're with Jennie noona? I'm sure not." Jungkook left Jin in there alone and when he came out the four athletes in the locker room looked at him in shock but didn't say anything.