Epilogue

Epilouge

14 years later...

"Mom!" A tiny voice yells from the back.

"Yes?" I answer..

"Are we almost there?" He squeaks.

"Yes, Matthew. Are you excited to see Uncle Jack?" I ask.

"Yeah! Play date with Emily!" Jacob says in the driver's seat.

"Yes Yes!" He says from the back.

We keep driving. Jacob slides his right hand down, and I grab it with my left. Our fingers intertwine. Matthew puts his head phones on, and continues to watch, Finding Nemo. Jacob takes a left on to a wavy road, making the car bounce a little.

"ROLLERCOASTER ROAD!" Matthew cheers from the back.

"Yeah!" I laugh.

He starts giggling and screaming from the back from all of the excitement. He has always loved roads like this. He starts making a noise out of his mouth to listen to the sounds go up and down as he bounces.

Emily, (Jack's daughter) is in a small plastic house in the front. She has a small dress with flowers, white leggings, and little black dress shoes on. Jack is cooking hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill outside. Rachel is setting the table with paper plates and chips.

The second Jacob stops the car, Matthew flings his seatbelt off. He can't manage to get out of his car seat, and our childproof doors. He is sitting, trying to get out while screaming Emily's name.

"Calm down, little man." Jacob says.

"Daddy! Get me out!" He whines.

Jacob un-buckles him. I run over by the stove to Jack. He drops his hamburger flipper and hugs me back. I laugh when the flipper lands on a hamburger and he tries to take it off. He burns himself and screams like a fangirl seeing the person they are obsessed with.

"JACOB!" He yells, looking at my husband.

"Jack!" He yells back.

I walk over to Rachel (Jack's housekeeper/nanny). She is setting the table and getting all of the toppings and sauces ready. I stand by the table staring at the ground of a second, until she says something.

"Hello, Mrs. Katlynn." She says.

"You really don't have to say Mrs every time." I say.

"Oh no, Ma'am. I insist." She smiles.

Rachel is a very beautiful young lady. She is in her mid-twenties. She had long brown, wavy hair, big, blue eyes, a bright smile, and wears dresses all of the time. She wears cotton dresses with flower print.

Jack decided to not get married. Well not yet, at least. He was dating a girl for a while, but she was a bad person. She had a baby girl. Then she said she didn't want to see Jack anymore, and he got full custody after a long trial.

"Rachel! Rachel!" Emily says, running our way. "I am hungry!".

"Dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes." she smiles.

"Okay! 10 minutes. 10 minutes." She whispers, as she walks back to Matthew.

"They are so adorable." Rachel sighs, standing beside me.

"Yes, they are." I say back.

I watch them as they follow eachother down the slide and on the swings and around in circles. Jack has an adorable playset in his yard for Emily. Yet, I wouldn't be very surprised if I found Jack playing in it.

Emily and Matthew are both beautiful children. Emily has long, blonde wavy hair, bright, huge, blue eyes, and very pale skin. Matthew has light brown hair and dark, tan skin, and bright Green eyes. They both have the cutest laughs ever.

"Dinner..." Jack starts. "Is....READYYYYYY!"

"YAY!" Matthew and Emily scream in synchronization.

They both run to get food. Emily almost trips, but Matthew balances her to her feet again. They giggle and start to run again. Jacob runs toward Matthew and picks him up. Matthew giggles at first, and then he starts screaming.

"AHHH! THE BIG, UGLY MONSTER HAS ME!" He yells, with giggles.

"What?" Jacob asks. "How about Buff, Handsome Man?"

"BIG, UGLY MONSTER!" Emily yells, pointing at Jacob.

Matthew starts to giggle as Jacob carries him over to the trampoline and let's Matthew fall on his back. Matthew bounces right back into Jacob's arms. Jacob runs over to Emily next.

She screams, running away. "No! BIG, UGLY MONSTER can't get me!"

He picks her up and carries her to Jack. She screams louder. Jack makes his face look all funky and yells (in a deep voice) "Once I finish cooking her, dinner will be ready."

"NOOO!" She yells, with laughter.

He sets her back down. She runs over to Matthew and they sit, waiting for hamburgers and chips. Matthew takes a piece of watermelon off of the table and shoves it in his mouth. The juice trickles down his chin and Emily laughs as Matthew throws his watermelon at Jacob.

Jacob catches it, and throws it at Jack. Jack wasn't paying attention, and it hits him right, in the middle, of his forehead. He shrieks and the price falls on his plate. He throws the piece on the ground and secretly gives Jacob a specific finger, without the kids noticing.

I look around. This is the exact kind of life on have always wanted. There is soemthing I want to say though. I don't know what the reaction will be, but I might as well just say it now. When every one is finally quiet, I say...

"I have announcement."

"What is it?" Jacob asks.

"I...I am pregnant." I smile.

Jacob starred at me. His jaw hung open. Suddenly a smile curves around his lips ans he says, "Maybe Matthew will get that sister he has always wanted."

"If you are, pregnant...Am I?" Matthew asks.

"Jeez Matthew, No." Jacob says.

"What does it mean?" Emily asks.

"I dunno." Matthew shrugs.

"I'm going to have a baby." I say.

Jacob gives me a hug from behind. I smile and look back at him. His lips close to mine. I reach up as they meet. It is just a small peck, but of course, Jack has to say something.

"Guys, you are already having a kid." He smiles. "One at a time."

This time I throw the watermelon wedge at him. He, of course, misses when he tries to catch it, and it kind of explodes on his face. So, red, cold, mushy stuff was all over his face. I look over at Matthew and Emily and they are laughing so hard their faces are as red as the watermelon.

This is the life. The Life that I love. I feel strong. I feel loved. I know there are people I can count on. I know that Matthew will grow up to be a handsome, intelligent, young man. He will be successful. I have made my life. It is time for him to make his.

This path has been a long one. I hope you all comment and flash me what you think about the book. It can be long or short. I thank you all for your support.
xoxo
~Tessa