CHAPTER TWELVE

I woke up to a beeping noise.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

I jumped out of my chair right when I saw doctors walking in. I wasn't exactly sure where that beeping noise was coming from, but I looked over and saw that it was coming from that machine above his head. The only bad thing was that the lines were red...not blue like usual. And there was only one straight line. I knew what this meant.

                                   Jacob is dead.

I couldn't help, but start crying. I threw my head in my hands and let the tears fall. I felt a hand on my back to guide me out the door. The hand pushed me very quickly and hard.

I slowly looked up and wiped my eyes. I turned around too see who was guiding me out. It was a tall man wearing large glasses. He looked at me angrily. I don't think that I have ever seen this man before.

"You killed him! It was you. You killed my son!" He yelled at me.

"I didn't kill your son. Your son is my friend." I said.

"Oh yeah? Wasn't it you who he jumped in front of...To save your life!" He yelled.

"Yes...But sir, I didn't ask him to. He just...Did!" I said.

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO ASK HIM TO!" he yelled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

But he didn't answer. He just quickly walked away.

I called my mom, and she told me that she would pick me up in a few minutes. So I decided to sit down on one of the waiting chairs. I picked up a magazine and started looking through it. That was when I saw feet by me. I looked up and saw Jacob's dad again.

    He looked really angry this time. I stood up immediately. I looked over to see if my mom was here yet...but of course, she wasn't. He grabbed me by the rim of my shirt and used his other hand too grab my neck, and pulled me into the air. I couldn't breath. I struggled against his grip, but he was much stronger than I am. I looked around and there was nobody around. NOBODY!

I remembered now when Lexi told me about how her dad beats Jacob. So I stayed strong and said...

"You don't even care about him!"

"Who?" He yelled.

"Your son." I spit.

"I love my son." He yelled.

"Oh, well if you call that love...Then I LOVE you." I said while head bumping his face.

He let go and tumbled to the ground. He instantly tried to get up, but I kicked him in the chest. I saw my mom's car pull up, so I started sprinting to her car. I jumped on the car and told my mom to hurry. She didn't even question it. She just hit the gas pedal. I turned around to look behind me and I saw no one.

I rubbed my forehead. Head-bumping someone really hurts! I dug through my purse to find an aspiring. I finally found one and washed it down with some water. I rubbed my temples again. I suddenly felt really tired...So I decided to close my eyes.

                                      «»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

"KNOCK KNOCK." My mom said.

"Come in." I replied.

"How's your head feeling?" she asked.

"Okay." I replied. "But can you go because I have to make a phone call."

"Sure. I love you, bye." She said.

"Love you, too." I said.

RING!

RING!

RING!

"Hello?" Lexi asked.

"Hey. It's me, Katie."

"Katie...I don't really want to talk right now..."

"But..."

"dad, what are you doing." I heard her say in the background.

"Hello? Lexi?"

"THIS ISN'T LEXI. NOW YOU CAN NEVER TALK TO HER OR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS FAMILY. YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE ENOUGH TO THIS FAMILY. YOU HEAR ME?" Her dad yelled.

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to my Best Friend Lexi!" I yelled.

BEEEEEP.

        He hung up on me.

*BUZZ*

I got a text.....From Lexington

' Bravo. NOBODY has ever stuck up to my dad like that. I am proud :).... And sorry. I am not mad at you... I am just sad about...You know... Jacob.'

' I have already delt with him before....Long story.
Stay strong you can get through with this.' l sent back.

Please don't hate me! I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter! Read on for more!!!!

                                                              Love, Tessa :)