CHAPTER THIRTY

Chapter 30

"His...brother?" I ask.

"Yeah..." He says, with a confused look.

"He never told me that he has a brother..." I trail off.

"Yeah, well see, my mother and his father were married, and had us both. When our mom died, my dad took me, and left Jack. Jack has been living alone. Jacob and his family have been helping out. Since Jack is almost 18, he's ALOUD to be alone. My dad sends him money, and all that stuff of course." He says.

"How old are you then?" I ask.

"I'm 15. I'm almost 16 though." He says.

"Oh. I'm 16." I say.

"Yes. I am a year of school younger too." He says.

"Oh. Do you go to my school?" I ask.

"No. Dad wanted me away completely." He sighs.

"Oh..." I say.

"Haha. I actually gave you secret admirer notes." He laughs.

"That was you?" I blush.

"Yeah. My buddies did it as a dare. It wasn't real! I swear!" He holds his up innocently.

I just laugh. "Its cool. Gosh those freaked me out! You made them so freaking creepy!" I say.

"Yeah...haha." He says, still laughing.

"Not funny!" I whine, but I still have a smile on.

"I really am sorry though. I mean, Jack had told me about you and Jacob. It was really more of a test on how he would react." He smiles.

"Is fine. I believe you." I say, honestly.

"Yay! Ok. I can help get you up to Jack." He says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Oh yeah! Totally! I had these." He says, pulling out two visitor bracelets.

"Oh?" I say, taking a bracelet out his hand.

"My grandmother recently died here. They gave us these. There will be people looking for these, and you will just hold your wrist up. Okay?" He asks.

"Okay." I reply.

I slide on the bracelet, and follow his lead. We walk up to the elevator, and he holds up his wrist, to two men standing in front of it. I do the same as him, and they let us both pass through. He hits the 4th floor button. The elevator starts to go up.

I hear quiet elevators in the background, but that is because we are both silent. When everything is quiet, I seem to listen extra carefully to the sounds around me. I always as since I was little. I guess my ears are stronger during silence, but that is probably for everyone....

The elevator Door rings, and Logan leads. I follow behind him quickly. We walk by another set of men, standing in front of an exit, and we both hold up our wrists. They nod, and we keep walking. We walk in a room, after showing our wrists, one last time.

I just stand there is the doorway, too afraid to see Jack. I dont want to see him hurt. I want to see the HAPPY friend that I'm used to. The one who makes jokes, and smiles. I don't want to see a hurt, sad, painful boy. Not a suicidal thoughts boy. Not one of my best friends, changed completely.

"Is she hear?" I here a ruff voice ask.

"Yeah. I think she is waiting by the door. Give her time." Logan says.

"Ok..." I hear that ruff voice say, only fainter.

"Hello, Jack. I whisper.

"I can't see you. Come out." He says, ruffy voice still.