CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Chapter 35

BACK TO KATIE...

"Pick up. Pick up. Pick up." I cry over the phone.

"Hi!" I hear a voice.

"JACK!..." I start.

"You have reached the mailbox of Jack. I'm obviously too busy being snazzy to get to the phone. But you can leave me a message and I will call back once I hear it. Sorry  again. I could be busy getting back to normal..."

BEEEEEEEEPP.

"Hey Jack. It's Katie. Again. I just really want to talk to you. Please call me back. I miss you. I'm not mad or ashamed in you. I'm just wanting my friend back." I say.

I throw my phone on my bed, and plop down on it. I just want to see one of my best friends again! I don't even know why I care so much. I guess I'm just pretty impatient. I wish there was someone else to hangout with. I know Jacob probably  won't have time. Football is catching up a lot. Not school football. He is on a club team.

He has practice everyday because they thought the season was over, but now they've been invited to a huge tournament. It starts next week. So, he hasn't really had time for me.

Ring Ring Ring.

"HELLO?" I ask a little too excited.

"......." Nothing.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Umm...Katie Hi." I hear the voice.

"SHAWN?" I ask.

"Uh. Yeah." He says.

"So....Um. Why'd you call?l" I flat out say.

"Katie. Can we talk?" He asks.

"I mean. Yeah?" I say.

"Meet me at the park near your house?" He asks.

"Sure." I say.

"Thanks. See ya in 5." He says.

I put on my tennis shoes and grab my keys. I shove my phone in my pocket and throw my hair up in a bun. What in the world could he want? I don't know what to do. I don't want to be so missed at him anymore.

Yes, he cheated on me, but the girl begged him. It wasn't right of course, but it wasn't him cheating exactly. He was super sweet and I want him back. I want him to be my friend again. What is he going to say though? We haven't talked for months.

I hop in my car. I put my keys in and start the engine. I sigh, and look through my mirror. I see a parked car in the driveway of the house across from mine. The thing is, that house has been vacant for 6 years.

I just ignore it and pull out of the driveway. I see the car pull it right after me, which actually makes me kind of nervous. The park is right ahead though, so I will just run to Shawn. I really wonder what he is trying to say.

I pull in the park, and the car stays back, hoping I don't see it. I do see it though. I open the door and look for Shawn. He is standing by the pavilion, with his hands behind his back, staring at his shoes.

I run up to him. He doesn't see me, but he is wearing a bright blue shirt, black jeans,  and Sperry knock off shoes.

"SHAWN! I think someone is following me!" I whisper loudly.

"What?" He asks, pulling me close.

"Yeah. Followed me from my house. I don't know." I say.

"Where is he?" He asks, pulling a hand through his dark blonde waves.