CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Chapter 21

I am now walking in an empty hallway on my way to Detention. Which is where I will be sitting in a room full of disobedient people who do bad things. It just isn't where I belong. I have never been in Detention.

Once I walked in the room I looked around. I saw a few familiar people: Layne, Tom, Jack, and.....Jacob. I should have seen that one coming. He is known as The Bad Boy. I looked over that and went down and sat by him. He looked up and scoffed.

"What are you doing?" He asked sounding irritated.

"Sitting by you." I said.

"You can't. Why are you even here?" He asked.

"Because I am." I said angrily.

"Well, how about you go sit in the back with the rest of the nobodies." He said with a smirk while high diving his friends.

"Oh. Well if you think that I am a nobody." I said....tears stinging my eyes.

"Uh, I do." He said.

"O....Ok." I stuttered.

I went to the back and slumped down in the chair. I now know that Jacob hates me. Why? That's what I don't understand. What did I ever do to him? There's nothing that I can remember....except that.......I told him that I didn't love him. Is that what this is about? Nah! Probably not.

"Okay. I have to go to the teacher's lounge for a meeting. I will be back in an hour to let you all leave. For now just sit in your seat and be quiet."

"Can you please tell me what your an by...quiet?" Jacob asked with a smirk while high-fiving and fist pumping his friends.

"Do you want extra detention, Mister Webster?" The teacher asked.

"I already have it all week." He said with a shrug.

"Goodbye. I will be back in an hour." He said.

"Bye-bye." Jacob said as if he were talking to a baby.

The teacher just sighed and walked out. I don't think that I have seen this side of Jacob before. He may be a player, but I never thought that he would purposely get teachers to hate him. Well, he is the head quarterback and he could probably get a really good scholarship for football.

I looked up at Jacob. I don't understand why he is treating me like this. I just want us to be friends. Why can't he feel the same. Why do I even care if Jacob is my friend? I shouldn't even care. He's just Lexi's brother.

"Hey. Katie. Why the hell are you here?" Jack...(Jacob's best friend.) asked.

"Watch your language!" I snapped.

"What? Hell?" He asked while laughing.

"Yes." I said.

"Ok. Why are you here though. You are usually the little good girl." He said.

"I am not as good as you think." I said with a smile.

"Sure." He said sarcastically.

"I'm not! I am here because I yelled at your guy's football coach." I said with a smirk.

"Yeah right." Jacob spit.

"It's true, Lover boy." I said.

"Lover boy?" Jack asked.

"Yep." I said, eying Jacob.

"You did not yell at our coach." Jacob said...trying to change the subject.

"Yes. Ask him." I said while crossing my arms.

"We will." Jack said, smiling.

"Fine." I said.

"I will make sure that he tells us all of the details." Jack said with a wink.

"That's great." I said...rolling my eyes.

"Hey. Calm down. You know that we're just messing with you, right?" Jack asked.

"Whatever." I said.

"Hey. You're our friend right?" He asked, looking serious.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"If you're friends with Jacob...then your friends with us." He said with a genuine smile.

"I think that Jacob would beg to differ." I said.

He looked back at Jacob.

"Would you, man?".

Jacob didn't answer.

"I thought that you two were friends." He said.

"No." Jacob said.

"I'll be your friend." Jack said with a wink.

I scoffed.

"What, you're a babe." He said with a smirk.

"No!" I yelled, burrying my face my hands.

"Ok....You know I was just joking around right?" He said.

"Yeah. Sorry." I said.

"I Will be your friend though." He said.

"Okay." I said quietly.

"Great. You should come to our football game next Friday." He said.

"Oh. Um...I know nothing about football." I said awkwardly.

"We can teach you." Jack said.

"I don't know much." I said, embarrassed.

"That's okay. What do you think boys?" He asked, looking back at Layne, Jacob, Tom, and Dylan. The boys.

Jacob said nothing. He just stared down at his pencil. The rest of the guy's said...

"Yeah...Sure....or......Of course!"

"You may all leave now." The teacher said once he came back.

"Yeah!" Everyone yelled, running out the door.

I walked out after everyone else and saw Jacob standing there with his hands in his pockets. He had his hair all troubled up. I just wanted to run my fingers through it. I just want him to be happy and noted at me.

He was on the phone and didn't see me though. I didn't want to....but I Couldn't help, but eavesdrop. I wasn't sure who he was talking to, but I am pretty sure that it was a girl.

"I had fun, but I don't stay with any girl, Leslie." I heard him say.

"I know. I am going out with Shayla tomorrow night." He said.

"Maybe we can go out again sometime. I did have a lot of fun." He said.

I ran away after hearing that. I don't know why, but it felt as if my heart just shattered into a million pieces. Just because he said that he wants to go out with Leslie? I don't know why........ or maybe I do.

I like Jacob Webster.

Hey guys. I hope that all of you fans of Jacob and Katie like this. Tell me in the comments box below! I can't believe that I have almost reached 500 readers. I hope that I can get more and that you all enjoy. I could never have gotten this far without you. <3

                ~Tessa