CHAPTER NINE

Chapter nine: The Date

I was on my way to school listening to my favorite slow song.....A Thousand Years, by Christina Perri.

"Heart beats fast.

Colors and promises.

How to be brave. How can I love.."

*HONK*

I looked out my car window to see who had to inturupr my favorite song.

I recognize the guy next to me, but I don't think that we have ever talked. Oh ya, he is the football captain. (AKA: The most popular guy at school). He was pretty cute. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and he was pure muscle. I rolled down my window.

"Were you honking at me?" I asked.

"Yep." he said popping the "P".

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No. I was just wondering if you wanted to come to my football game tonight? And afterwards we could catch a movie or something?" he said.

"Why me? Wouldn't you much prefer a cheerleader or something?" I said.

"No. You will do perfectly fine." he replied.

"I think that I am going to have to pass." I said.

"What? But I like y....." he started.

I drove off before he could finish. I just hate guys like him. They act like they can just have what they want when they want it. Well, I actually don't like head football captains because I dared one at my old school who dumped me for the head cheerleader. So now I don't like head football captains.

When I got to school I felt a little relieved because I didn't hear shouting. But that changed.

When I was making my way toward my locker I noticed someone in front of it. Once I got a little closer I noticed that it was that guy again.

"What now?" I asked.

"Well, before you had just ignored me. So I thought that I should try again." he said.

"Try what again?" I asked.

"Try to ask you out again... Will...you...go...out...with...me?" he asked.

Maybe he isn't that bad. He seems pretty cool. Maybe I should give him a chance? I don't know!

"Fine." I answered.

"Great! Well, I will see you tonight." he said.

Then he was walking down the hallway. I can't believr that I just did that! Oh well. He seems pretty cool. I guess I will have to find out tonight.

*******6 hours later*******

I was at home picking through my closet. I need to look presentable. I just hope that I don't get to much attention for dating.... I don't even know his name yet! Wait no....maybe I do. It's..... Shawn Layson. Ya, that's it, Shawn Layson.

Well, I finally picked out an oitfit. I picked a longsleeve, black V-neck shirt, a pair of bright pink skinny jeans, and I Also curled my hair. I grabbed my purse and my keys. I am ready to go.

Once I got there I felt really awkward.

I knew nobody, and everyone was staring at me. I finally took a seat. I looked at the field and I saw Shawn. I Also saw Jacob. I didn't know that he was on the team. Ugh! I can't think about Jacob. I did have a crush on him, but now I am with Shawn.

He looked up at me with a big smile and waved. I smiled and waved back. Then he pointed at a lower level of seats that is closer to the field. I really didn't want to sit down there in the "Student section", but I did for him.

Once I made my way down there things got even more awkward. Some bleach blonde girl way staring at me. And she didn't look happy. Crap! She is coming over.

"Hey! Who do you think you are?" she asked.

"I think that I am Katie Wiebur." I replied.

"Ya! Haha that was funny....Oh wait, no it wasn't." she said smirking.

"Why are you after me?" I asked.

"Why? HAHA! Why? BECAUSE YOU TOOK MY BOYFRIEND! YOU TOOK HIM!" She screamed while pointing at Shawn.

She was starting to make a scene.

"I didn't steal your boyfriend. Please just leave me alone." I replied.

Even the players were watching and not playing.

Then I looked back up at The Blond Girl and now she was holding a knife.