CHAPTER THIRTYTWO

Chapter 32

"Hey! I have a question." Lexi asks me, as I turn to put books in my locker.

"Can we talk at lunch, by ourselves?" She asks.

"Umm...yeah. Is everything okay?" I ask, flipping my hair back.

"Yeah. No. Yeah..." She says. "I don't know."

"Just tell me now." I say.

"Not with everyone around." She whispers." Okay. Ill see you in English." She says.

"Yep!" I say.

I turn on my heels, and see Jacob talking with Cameron. Cameron is a guy who also went to my old school. He transfered here a year earlier than I. I used to have a humongous crush on him. He is nice and cute, but he just doesn't have the personality of Jacob. I actually dated him once, but we broke up, because we just weren't right for each other.

"Katie!" Cameron says, running up and hugging me.

I hug back, being friendly. Our hug kind of becomes a little too long, so I pull back, and laugh nervously. I look over at Jacob, expecting him to be a little upset, but he just smiles and says, "You two know each other?"

"Yeah. We went to preschool through 8th grade together." He says.

"That's cool! Were you two friends?" Jacob asks.

I just let him do the talking.

"Yeah. Kinda. We went out for a while." He says.

"Woah! Really? Wow. I'm going out with her now." He laughs.

"Cool, Bro! We have a similar taste in women." He laughs.

Oh find this conversation a little awkward, so I hold my books to my chest tightly, and turn around. The two of them keep having their conversation, chuckling a little when I leave. Boys...

I run back to my locker, to grab my pencil case. My pencil case is so cute. I is all fuzzy and stuff, and it is shaped like a dog. I got it at Target like 3 years ago, but I love it soo...yeah. I like my pencils too. They are kind of expensive, but they are cool, and last forever!

why would you care about my pencils? Haha, I'm sorry.

I turn down the hallway, and walk into Earth Science. I glance, to see Shawn in the back of the room. He smiles, and I smile back. He looks really good! I think he might like someone else now! I wonder who...

NO! That's not your place to wonder!- I think.

Yea! It isn't my place to wonder. I turn around, and sit at the front. I smile, and wait for teacher. Yes, I am one of those people who are total kissups to the teacher. I like to be liked, not disliked. I don't go all out, and put an Apple on her desk every day. No! I just pay attention, and follow along.

"Ok. We are going to talk about cells today!" My teacher cheers.

"Yayyy." We all draw out, tiredly.

"So, the outside covering is called the..?" He asks.

I look around, and notice that only two people have their hands up. I think back to my notes. Oh yeah! Cell membrane! Duh! I'm not going to raise my hand though. I just don't like public speaking.

"Shawn." My teacher grins.

"The answer is cell membrane." He whispers.

"I don't hear you!" My teacher beams.

"Cell membrane!" He says louder.

"Yes."

I got down a few notes, and listened.