CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Jacob helped them Put me on a roller, and slid me in the ambulance. Two doctors came in with me, but Jacob stayed out.

"I....want....Jacob." I choked out with more blood.

"You want...Jacob?" The lady asked.

I slowly nodded.

"SHE WANTS SOMEONE NAMED JACOB!" She called.

Suddenly the door opened and Jacob jumped in. He walked over and crouched down by me. He grabbed my hand. He held it the whole way there. I closed my eyes and tried to make sure that I would never forget this moment. It just felt so....right.

When I opened my eyes I saw Jacob....crying? I looked like it. I wanted to tell him that I was okay, but let's face it I couldn't breath, was coughing up blood, and truly had no idea if I would make it to the hospital.

"Jacob....I....am.....sorry." I choked out.

"No, baby, Don't talk. It will just make things worse." He whispered.

"N.....N....no. I.....am.....sorry." I choked out angrily.

"I know baby.......I know." He whispered.

"k......kkk." I was choking up so much blood that it was drying in my throat and I really couldn't breath now. I struggled sitting up and then started lightly hitting Jacob's leg. He looked at me like I was crazy. I pointed to my throat.

"Breath...." I choked.

"CAN'T!" I cried.

"She can't breath!" He told the nurse.

"We can't fix that until we get to the hospital." she told him calmly.

"She'll die!" he yelled.

"Well, I am sorry that your girlfriend is choking, but you need to calm down." She said.

"I am sorry that you're our nurse!" He yelled.

I pulled on his shirt sleeve. I shook my head. I don't want him to yell at the nurse. I don't even want to be in this stupid van! I pointed at my throat and then gave him a thumbs up. I couldn't breath....but I told him that I could. It seemed to calm him down a little.

He gently brushed brushed his thumb over my forehead to brush away the hair in my face. I grabbed his other hand and held it in between both of mine. He was whispering something...but I couldn't tell what he was saying.

"I....I...." I tried to say.

"No. don't tell me now. We can talk after you are at the hospital." He whispered.

"O...Ok" I choked out.

He kept one of his hands in between mine, and the other one brushing my forehead. I closed my eyes and tried to breath, but it was no use.

"Hurry! Get her out!" A doctor yelled.

The nurse lady and another man wheeled my roller out. They rolled it out and rolled me inside. There were doctors and nurses everywhere clearing a path for me. There were papers flying around....This must be pretty serious.

"Ok, Mrs Wiebur, we are going to put you under a medicine...so you will wake up at about..." He looked at his watch. "7:00 a.m." The doctor said.

"..." I tried to reply, but most of the blood had hardened in my throat and was cutting it. So I nodded slightly to let him know that I heard him.

"Ok...Here we go." He said.

He put a needle in my arm....then everything went black.

                                      «»«»«»«»«»