CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Chapter 23

"Are you going to the game tonight?" Lexi asked.

"Yep. I promised Jack." I said.

"Are you and him like.....dating?" She asked.

"What? No." I said with a a laugh.

"Sorry. I wasn't sure because you have been spending so much time with him." She said in defence.

"No. We are not dating." I said.

"Okay.....good." She said.

"Good?" I asked.

"Did I say good?" She asked.

"Yes." I said with a smile.

"Ok. Fine! I...Like......Jack." She said with a small smile.

"You do?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes. But you can't tell him, or else Jacob will hate me." She said.

"Why not? You two are perfect for each other." I said.

"No. Don't." She said seriously.

"Okay." I said with a sigh.

"Thank you. Now, I have to get going, but I will see you tomorrow. I can't go to the game tonight." she said.

"Aw. Okay." I said.

Then she walked away.

I just shrugged and got into my car. It was around 3:30. The football game started at 7:00, so that means that I can sleep for about 2 and a half hours. I will get up around I will get ready at six and leave.

          ++++++++++++++++Sleeping+++++++++++++++++

I woke up at 6:03. Time to get ready. I walked up to my closet. Let's see.......Oh, I got it! I grabbed a white short sleeved shirt, block shorts, and old tennis shoes. I know....it isn't my usual, but last time I learned that you should just wear old clothes.

I decided to drive there a little early. I put the keys into my beat up silver convertible. I put the head down and let the wind blow through my hair. It felt so relaxing.

Once I got there I decided to get a snack. What? I girl can get hungry. I got a skittles and a small diet Pepsi. I just decided to go and find my seat. I sat in the top row.

First I heard the announcer anounce the other team, I sat up. I now knew that the other team was coming out now. First I saw Layne run in. We all cheered and clapped. Then Jack. Then Jacob. Then.......Shawn. I frowned, and didn't cheer for him.

Once I looked up and saw Jack waving. I waved back with a smile. He really does lighten up the mood!  I waved to Layne and Jacob. Layne waved back, and Jacob gave me a small nod.

The game started and for some odd reason I was enjoying it. Maybe I just liked how all of the teammates got along so well. It was pretty cool seeing how they would pat each other on the back and say kind stuff to each other.

Suddenly before I knew it, it was halftime. The cheerleaders ran out, and the players ran into the locker room. The cheerleaders started performing, and I saw Leslie doing backflips and dances. She was so perky that it was just really annoying to me......this means that I am........Jealous?

Once they were done they shot up T-shirts through these gun things. I caught one and put it on. It was a large, so it was huge on me, but I didn't care. It was light blue, and had a picture of a shark on it saying: The sharks will rule!

The second half started, and right away Jacob got a touchdown. We all stood up and cheered.I felt so happy for him. He looked very impressive out there. Then they got the ball and he did it again! ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN! He did a little victory dance. We all did one too on the bleachers.

There was only one minute left in the game. The score was tied, so we were all on the edge of our seats. The ball was passed to Jacob, and he was slipping through all of the other teams players. Suddenly the other teams biggest player ran out of nowhere and tackled Jacob. I heard Jacob make a yelp of pain. We all jumped out of our seats, and the referee blew the whistle.

Before I could figure out what I was doing I ran down the stairs. I ran out on the field. I pushed through the other players and ran up to Jacob.

"Katie what are you do...." Before he could finish, I crashed my lips into his.

Unlike Shawn, his lips were warm, soft.....perfect. Our lips moved in perfect sync. I could feel fireworks...electricity. I don't know why I did this, but it just felt so right. And to my surprise.......He was kissing back.

Hey guys! I hope that you all liked this chapter. I hope that all you Jatie fans like this chapter. Comment down below what you think. Tell your friends to read this book if you like it! Bye.
XOXO.   ~Tessa