CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Chapter 34

Hey guys! I haven't done a  Jack POV in a while. Well, you're in for a treat. He is getting better? Right? Hmm...let's figure out? We can figure this out together.

Jack POV

"Does she hate me?" I ask, curled up in the front seat of Jacob's car.

"Huh? No." He answers.

"Are you sure? I knew it would piss her off, but I just can't handle it. They way she looked at me when it happend. It was such a mixture of emotions from terrified-disappointed-upset." I say.

disappointed

disappointed

disappointed

disappointed disappointed disappointed.

The word bounces around in my head from all directions. Everyone gets disappointed in me. My dad, teachers, cousins, everyone. My brother and Jacob are the ones there for me though.

"Hey. Jack..." Jacob says.

"Yea?" I ask.

"You actually like Lexi?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I say, sounding more like a question.

"Dude. Ask her out." He says.

"I plan to actually....but I feel like I would use her as my rebound...and I don't want her like that. I want her to be my girlfriend." I say.

"Dude. Trust me." He says, looking at me.

"Eyes on the road, dumbass." I say.

He laughs, and turns toward to road again.

"Fine. I will ask her." I say.

"Good." He says.

I sit in the car. My seatbelt is on, but my knees are pulled to my chest. I'd rather not deal with anyone. I got a lot of help from that support group. Everyone there is so similar to me. I hope to never do something like that ever again. People love me. I finally says brother. I need to stay strong.

We are heading towards Jacob's house. We are planning to hangout. I kind of need to get my mind off everything. They told me that they would prefer me to stay with a friend anyway.

I am 17, so of course I need to get a foster parent. I KNOW what you're thinking....

shouldn't he be with his dad.

Well, my mom took custody of me. I got away with living alone for a while, but they realized after the....incident. Now, I have to go live with Shannah and Jackson. Whoever they are. They promised me good parents though. I will meet them tomorrow.

"Dude. We are here." Jacob says, rubbing his eyes.

"How long have.we been here." I ask.

"I don't know. 10 minutes. I was waiting for your daydreaming to stop." He says.

I open my car door and pop out. We walk in his house. I grab a soda from the fridge, and toss him one. It isn't rude of me to do this, because I practically live here. We jog up to his room. I peek through the corner of my eye at Lexi. She is on her bed reading a Social Studies book. She had her hair pulled up in a sloppy bun, but it looked cute.

I looked forward and saw that Jacob is already in his room. I quickly run behind. I see him on his bed, setting the soda down. He looks back up, claps, and smiles. It is his kind of smile showing that he has a good idea.