CHAPTER ONE

Chapter one: Me

My mom walked in. "Honey! I can't believe that were are finally moving! Our new house will be great! Huge! I can't wait!".

"Yeah..... whatever." I reply, turning on my phone.

   Honestly, I'm a little upset, because I'm not going to see my mom and dad in the same house anymore. They had such a good marriage, and now it's just going down the drain. I don't understand why. I thought, throughout my whole childhood, that they would be together forever. They were always kissing, holding hands, hugging. One day that just....stopped! They would yell and scream all day long. I could hear them cry when the other wasn't home. I could see the bags forming under my mom's eyes from the lack of sleep. I knew they weren't happy.

"What? Honey, I thought you were okay with the move!" my mom whined.

"Mom! You know I'm not! You know I have to go to a new school. I will be a NEW senior. That's pathetic. I barely have any friends as it is..." I angrily say.

"Well I'm sorry. I am not happy with your father. We are tired of fighting and we just aren't happy. Don't you want me to be happy?" My mom started to tear up.

"Yes, mom. I do want you to be happy, but don't you want me to be happy too." I said.

"Yes! Please do this! For me?" My mom was pretty much crying now. I nodded and gave her a hug.

___________________________________________________

   Well today is my first day of school at my new school. Ugh! I don't know anybody who goes there. Literally no one.... Oh no, I'm here! It already looks kind of cool. The tile on the outside looks really cool. Like, fancy almost. The front doors are fancy too. I hope that the school is nice because I am tired of cruddy things. My life is cruddy.

  Right when I walked through those doors I had regrets. I wanted to turn back and make a run for it. Everyone was looking at me and whispering to others. I could already tell where everyone's place was. Over in the corner were all the outcasts: nerds, nobodies, geeks, etc.

   Then over near the lockers were most of the jocks. I could tell by their jackets, or basketballs in there hands. Typical jocks..

   Then over near the water fountain was the 'popular girls'. there were 3 of them. The 'leader' of them was in the middle. She had blonde, slick hair that was pulled into a ponytail. Then on both sides of her were two girls. The one on the left has red hair that is straightened down. The one on the right has black hair. I think that she is Asian. Yep, they are defiantly the 'popular' girls.

Why do we have to have titles? I hate it!

   Oh crap! They saw me staring at them. Walk away, Katie, walk away. Just go to your car, drive away, and be homeschooled for the rest of your life! At least you won't have to face them.

"Hey, you!" I turned around and saw the 'leader' pointing at me. I pointed at my self with a fake confused look.

   Great, because the one thing I need most is being hated by the most popular people on my first day. Actually, first few minutes. Aren't I just the luckiest girl.

"Yeah, you! Come here!" She said. I nodded and walked over to her.

"Why were you looking at us?" she said very rudely.

   Then I noticed some guy leaning on the wall watching us with a smirk. I look over at him and smirk back in annoyance. I hate guys who smirk like that. They just act like they are more important and ....Wait!

"I...I was looking at him. I think he is my partner in Science class" I lie.

"Him?" she asked pointing at the guy.

I nodded.

"You stay away from him. You hear me? He is mine!" she says in a very angry tone.

"Ok..Okay! Just a science project, I swear." I stutter.

"Good!" then she turned around and left. Her posse scrambling behind her.

Then that guy that I used as my excuse started to come over.

   He glided over, in his leather jacket. His brown hair flying backwards in a sexy way. I shivered at his appearance. His dark jeans stayed in place, and his white shirt clung tightly, but in a nice way. His grin gave him a nice touch too...

Who am I? "A nice touch" ?

   I'm such a loser. He is just so hot. One of those faces that just make your heart melt. I doubt my face makes hearts melt...just burn. No! I cant like this guy. He is obviously a man-whore. I can already tell. No, he doesn't snap his fingers and girls faint as he walks towards me. I can just tell. The way he walks, acts, dresses.