CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Chapter 22

I walked into school and walked up to Jacob. I had my hands behind my back. He was standing at his locker with his hair all gelled up, black jeans, and a white long sleeved shirt. I just wore a purple skirt, black tank top, and flats.

"Jacob I need to talk to you." I said.

He didn't look me. He was smiling and winking at a group of girls.

"Jacob!"I said...waving my hand in his face.

"What?" He asked sounding annoyed.

"I figured something out yesterday...." I trailed off.

"That's great. Go tell Lexi." He said.

"I have to tell you." I said.

"I don't care...nor do I want to know." He said.

"Jacob please..."

"Shut it. I said that I didn't want to hear it." He said.

"Fine!" I said angrily.

I stormed past Jacob with my books in my hands. I don't know what has gotten up his butt lately, but it sure isn't pretty. He has been really rude to me and I am sick of it.....but..... for some reason.......I like him.

"Hey, Katie Ratie!" Jack called.

"Katie Ratie?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yep. That's your new nickname." He said with a wink.

"Um...I don't think so." I said.

"I don't care. I have already chosen it." he said.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey. I give everyone nicknames." He said.

I laughed. "Give that girl a nickname."

"Roarie Laurie!" He said.

She slapped him in the face and stormed off.

"Well..." he said, rubbing his cheek.

I laughed. "I guess that I am not the only one who doesn't like your nicknames.".

He playfully punched my arm.

I laughed. "I have to go to my class."

"Ok. Have fun." He said.

"Yeah." I laughed.

I walked to English with a smile. Jack was a good friend. He always knew how to put a smile on my face. I know why he and Jacob are best friends.

++++LUNCH++++

I looked around for Lexi. Once I spotted her I saw someone waving at me. I turned my head to see who it was.....Jack. I looked at him in confusion. Jacob was laughing and talking to Layne.

I looked over at Lexi and she pointed over by Jack and gave me a wave of approval. So, I went over and awkwardly sat by him.He put his arm around my shoulders.

"This is my friend Katie. We are all going to be nice to her okay?" Jack announced.

"Sure...."Jacob said.

"What's your problem, man?" Jack asked.

"Nothing." Jacob murmured.

"Whatever. Just be nice...Jeez."Jack said.

Jacob just rolled his eyes and went back to his food. Jack looked at me and smiled. He leaned in and whispered "He's just grumpy." in my ear.

I decided to just believe Jack, and just start eating. This felt very strange.Usually I am not invited to sit by jocks. Are they just doing this because I was in detention one time? I hope not.

I looked back at Lexi. She seemed okay...Considering, she was laughing.

That's good. At least she wasn't as uncomfortable as me.

"You're eating all of that?" I heard a voice say behind me.

I turned around...Leslie. I looked down at my plate. A hamburger, fries, green beans, and a piece of cake. I guess that it is a lot, but I am hungry.

"Yes. Leslie. I am." I said.

"Well, let's just hope that you don't gain 200 pounds by the end of the week." She said.

"Lets hope." I agreed.

She just stared at me as if she had expected me to say something else.

"Good thing I have such a great friend, like you, Leslie." I said.

She just scoffed, flipped her hair, turned around, and walked away.

"Wow! She is a diva." Jack said with a laugh.

"Shut up." Jacob said in defence.

"Woah man. I thought that you didn't like her." Jack said.

"I do." He said, eyeing me.

"Sorry." Jack muttered.

"It's fine man. I over reacted." He said.

They patted each other on the back.

So Katie....Are yo, going to go to our football game tomorrow?" Jack asked.

"Remember what happened to me at the last game?" I asked.

"Yeah. But That's different. It won't happen again." He said.

"I...I....I guess." I said slowly.

"Yes!" he said.

"I have to go to the library." I said.

"Okay. Bye." They all said....even Jacob.

*******

I walked in the library without looking up. I just walked over to the computer and typed what I needed for English.

It felt like someone was watching me. I turned and looked around. No one. I went back to typing, but I still felt like someone was watching me. I looked around and saw Someone peeking through sone books and looking at me.

I got up and walked over there. I couldn't exactly tell who it was. Until I saw him.

"Shawn?" I asked in surprise.

"Katie. I miss you. I need you." He said slowly.

"I know." I said.

"Will you please give me another chance?" He asked.

"Shawn..." I couldn't finish.......Because his lips crashed into mine.

It wasn't his usual kiss. His lips were dry and cracked up...hard. They didn't feel like his usual. They felt cold... Lonely.

I pulled back. "Shawn. I can't." I said slowly.

I turned my heels and headed for the door. I don't know what gave him the courage to do that, but it sure wasn't right.

Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter was so short. I think that the

there is going to be 2 more chapters? I can't believe that it is almost over. I hope that you all like it.