CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Chapter 40

"I remember one time, when she was a child, and she jumped up and down for 10 minutes yelling I want my brother!" Jacob's mom cries. "Because Jacob was going away to camp." She says with a laugh.

I smile, and look at Jacob. His tuxedo is a little too big, so I adjust his collar. He whispers a small "thanks.", and puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Okay. That's enough for the fitting." His mom says.

"Do you want to go to a basketball game?" He asks.

"To get your mind free?" I ask.

"Yeah. You could say that." he replies.

"Then sure." I say.

He opens the door for me, and other follow him out. We hear his mom yell after us, and he looks down at his tuxedo. We both laugh, but I laugh too hard. He walks in, and grabs his clothes off the couch.

He walks into the dressing room, and I stay by his mom. She just watches him walk in, and then orders some other people to go change. She doesn't move though. Once everyone is off doing something, accept for me and Jacob's mother, she does.

"It's your fault." She says.

"What? ME?" I ask in confusion.

"Did I stutter? Yes you!" She says.

"How could it be my fault?" I ask.

"You were with Jacob, and he was supposed to be with her! She didn't want to bother you though, so she took her boyfriend's car home." She says.

"Whaaa?" I ask. "Oh my gosh. You're right aren't you." I sob.

"Yes. I love you honey, but I think you encourage Jacob in a bad way." She says.

"You want me to breakup with him?" I ask.

"Yes." She replies. "We can say you met someone else?...or you're going off to collage." She says.

"I can just tell him the truth." I say.

"Honey..." She starts.

"If you're making me break up with my Love...then you can deal with my way." I say.

"You're right." she says.

"Jacob." I say, motioning him over.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"I um....ummm I..." I look up at his mother and she nudges me on.

"What Katlynn?" He asks.

"I'm breaking up with you." I say. "It's for the best." I say.

"What? How?" He asks.

"It just is. I cause too much drama in your life." I say, allowing a year to slip down my cheek.

"No." He says, letting one fall down his own. "Katlynn, no."

"I'm sorry." I say with a sob.

I turn my heels and he says no again, and starts following.

"Jacob! YES!" I say, running to my car.

I jump in my door and glance towards him. His shoulders are slumped and his face wet from tears. I jam my keys in, and start to drive away. I can't stop crying. Eventually my eyes fill up too heavily, so I pull over.

I clear my eyes, and sit for a second to calm down. I breath heavily. In and out three times. My phone starts to ring. I can barely get ahold of myself, but I manage.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Good job." She says. "He bought everything."

"Mrs. Webster?" I say.

"Goodbye Katie." She says.

She hangs up and I throw my phone on the passenger seat. I start to drove again. I know where I need to go.

JACOB POV

I stand here. Feeling empty. Confused. I am trying to cope with what just happened, but it's just all so sudden. I don't understand how this could have happened. We weren't fighting. We are in love. It's not like her to just do this.

She can't do this.

No, I can't do this.

I can't handle losing her! She means too mich to me now. I just don't understand any of it. I don't know. I'm going inside because she might have told my mom something. They were talking.

"Hey mom!" I say.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Did anything happen with Katie that you heard? Do she maybe talk to you or something?" I ask, eagerly tapping my foot.

"No. She just told me that she was going to miss me." My mom says.

"Crap. Crap crap crap crap!" I mutter.

"She really was a sweet girl. It's too bad that you two won't..."she begins.

"You don't think I'm going to get her back?" I ask.

"No...umm I mean...I don't think she wants that." She says.

"She will mom." I say. "I know it."

My mom makes a face and turns away, but I don't have time for any of this. I just give her a small peck and mumble, "gotta go". She sighs.

I pull out my phone and dial her number. She doesn't answer. So, I dial it again. She doesn't answer. I don't know what is happening to me right now. It's kind of hard to breath. My chest feels heavy.

I cant focus. I can't do anything. What is happening to me? Why does it hurt so much. What is going on? I can't breath.

That repeats in my head, until I see black.

Katie POV

After I reject two calls from Jacob, tears start pouring down my cheeks. It's just too much to consider right now. I killed Lexi, dumped Jacob, and it's just really hard. I cant stop thinking about Jacob.

I want to call someone. I don't know who to call. I would probably call Lexi, she is dead...or Jack, he is Jacob's best friend. I honestly just need someone to talk to before I explode.

I KNOW JUST WHO TO CALL!

A/N-sorry for the super short chapter....had to fit one in

You guys can decide who it is! Comment who you want.

*Shawn
*Jack's brother, Logan
*Leslie
*Other