CHAPTER SIX

Chapter 6:

Katie's POV 

As, I am walking home from school my mind wanders. Tomorrow I am going to find out who gave me that rose. Ugh, I hate secrets. I just want to know who it is from! If the person would just tell me that it was them then I would probably be a lot less moody. I need to call Lexi.  

She can tell me what to do. She will know!

Hopefully.

Lexi's POV 

I was doing my homework when something scared me.  

RINGGGG. RINGGGG!  

Oh. It was just my phone. I am always so jumpy. No scary movies for me.

"Hello?"  

"Hey it's me!"  

"Oh, hey Katie what's up?"  

I see Jacob stop by the door. I tell him to go away, but he doesn't. So I just ignored him. 

"Um, Lexi, can I talk to you about something?"She asked. 

"Of course you can. What is it?" I said  

"Well, someone put a rose in my locker and I don't know who it is from. I want to know who it is from though! No secrets for me."Katie said. 

"Wait! Did you just say that someone gave you a rose?" I asked. 

"Ya! But I don't know who it is from!" she said. 

"That's adorable. Well, I have to go, but we will talk more tomorrow." I said. 

"ok, bye" Katie says, as I press the END CALL button.

"Who was that?" Jacob asks. 

"It was Katie. Why? Did you hear our conversation?" I ask. 

"Maybe. Well, um.... Bye now!" Jacob said. 

"What was all of that about?" I asked him. 

"Nothing. I was just curious!" he said. 

"Okay, well..... Do you like Katie?" I ask. 

"Me! Ha! That was a good one! You think that I would like a nerd? I'm all for the hotties! Besides, she hates me." He laughed. 

"Jacob, just tell me! If you do like her then I can get you two together." I said. 

"No, I don't like specifics.. Girls like me!" he said. 

"Okay, whatever!" I said. 

I just thought that it looked like he liked her that's all. Doesn't it seem weird how he has been acting? Ugh, I just want to know what his problem is! He has been acting like this for a while. Maybe... It's.... Lanie? She has been bothering him a lot lately. She even went up to me and told me to "Tell him to like her. Or else". She is the meanest girl in my grade. I'm pretty sure that she only likes my brother because he is 'The Bad Boy'. I actually think that he isn't even that 'bad'. I mean yes he does dump a lot of girls, but he is actually pretty cool at times.  

Whenever we were younger he would always stand up for me and help me. Even if he had to fight. 

~~~~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~~~~~  

(in 6th grade) 

" Hey Lexi!"  

" What do you want now Mark?"  

" I want you to go jump of the top of that slide!"  

" No, I could get hurt"  

" Do you think I care?"