CHAPTER EIGHT

Chapter Eight:

Whenever I woke up I was in Jacob"s arms. How did this happen? When did this happen? Last night? For some odd reason.... I felt safe. I felt safe.... in his arms. Ugh. I hate when stuff like this happens!

Oh no! I need to go up stairs before Jacob or Lexi wake up. I slowly tried to make my way through Jacob's arms, but he grabbed me and pulled me back to him. This is going to be harder than it seems. I tried again, but this time he started twitching and turning. He can't wake up like this. He will probably be very angry at himself or me. So I have a new plan. I will....

1.Slowly make my way out of his arms

2. Sneak up the stairs

3.Lay down by them and act like I was there all night!

It is time for Phase One. I slowly slid out from under his arms. He quickly tried to snuggle me back so I put one of the couch pillows by him to replace me. Yes! Phase One is a success! Oh crap... Maybe not. Jacob was starting to move around, and groan, and stretch. So I secretly snuck up the stairs. While I was opening the door I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Crap! When the door was almost open it made a noise.

*CREAK*

Not quite thinking.... I ran inside the room, slowly closed the door, and laid down by Lexi.

Suddenly the door opened. I secretly opened one of my eyes halfway. It was a tall woman. She looked about thirty. She had blue eyes, dark reddish hair, and she looked about 130 pounds. I am pretty sure that she is Lexi's mom.

Then it hit me. I remembered hearing footsteps coming up the stairs behind me. I bet that she saw me with Jacob. I REALLY hope that she didn't! It wasn't anything! We just happened to fall asleep on the same couch. That's all! I really hope that I could tell her that. But yet, maybe she didn't see maybe I just made all of this up in my head.

********* Two hours Later**********

"Good morning guys!" Lexi said.

"Mornin'!" Bailey replied.

Maggie and Rachel just laid there and I just smiled. I didn't want to admit it, but I was really hungry. I wonder if that lady that was in here earlier was Lexi's mom. I also wonder if she is going to make a home-made breakfast. I don't really like eating donuts or fast food. That's why my mom always cooks homemade food!

Well... It's time to figure out.

"Are you guys hungry? I think that my mom made pancakes." Lexi said.

"Yes!" we all replied in sync.

"Ok. Let's all take turns in the bathroom. I will go last." Lexi said.

"First!" I shouted.

"Ok, Katie gets First. Do you need me to show you how to use the shower and stuff?" she asked.

"Um, ya sure... That'll be fine." I said.

"Okay. I'll just tell you all of it now!

For the shower, you just have to turn this handle here. On the sink counter are my purfumes,lotions, and hair supplies. Please try not to take a long shower though. Because it makes my father mad." she said.

"Okay...Thanks Lex! I will." I replied.

I eventually stripped off my clothes and got in the nice warm shower. It felt so good. I grabbed her bottle of shampoo and poured it on my hands. I rubbed the shampoo on my scalp and in my hair. Then I grabbed the conditioner and did the same.

Once I was done rinsing, I grabbed a towel and stepped out of the shower. I quickly noticed that I had forgotten my clothes. Crap! I decided to do the other stuff first. I brushed my teeth with a brand new toothbrush that Lexi called her Guest brush. She had a whole basket full of them for her guest to use and then keep. After I was done with that I had looked at her perfumes. I grabbed my favorite perfume scent. It is Someday (Justin Bieber Brand.) I had always wanted this, but I my mom couldn't afford it. Niether could I! I sprayed to sprays on my chest and one on my wrists. I then brushed through my hair and put it in a French braid. I then put on some makeup. I am not much of the "Makeup kind", but I just put a little. I then barely opened the door and whispered

"Lexi? Lexi?".

No answer.

"Lexi?"

No answer. So I snuck into her room. (still in just a towel). I grabbed my bag and sprinted into the Lexi's room. I saw my bag on the ground. I grabbed it and sprinted back into the bathroom. I threw on a shirt and a pair of skinny jeans.

I was finally finished, so I could leave now. I walked down the stairs. Everyone was down there : Lexi, Maggie, Bailey, and Rachel.

"Good. Everyone is here. Now we may eat! But first you all must tell me what you want on your pancakes!" That lady that I saw earlier said.

She is Lexi's mom.

"Pecans." Maggie said.

"Chocolate chips" Bailey said.

"Bananas." Lexi said.

"Peppermints." Rachel said.

"Can I have strawberries?" I asked.

"Of course you can, Honey!" she said.

We were all kind of eating in silence. My strawberry pancakes were delicious! I have never had pancakes that were this good. I heard footsteps and looked over. It was Jacob coming down the stairs...shirtless. I couldn't help but stare at him.

"Take a picture... It will last longer." he said.

My cheeks flushed a dark shade of red. Jacob just caught me checking him out.

"Aww! Do I make you blush?" he said.

"N-No!" I stuttered.

"Strawberries." he told his mom.

We were all sitting there awkwardly. I just kind of played with my fork for a while, until Lexi's mom broke the silence.

"So...Jacob introduce me to your girlfriend." she said.

"What?" he asked.

"Aren't you too..." she trailed off.

" No. What made you assume that?" he asked.

" I saw you too..." she looked at me. I just kind of looked at her hopelessly. "i saw you too siting by eachother. So I guess I just made a stupid guess! Sorry Hon!" she lied.

That was praticaly her way of telling me that she saw me with Jacob. I gave her a small nod and she mouthed "sorry" and winked.

I am going to have to thank her later. She is actually a great person. I wonder why she married Lexi's dad if he is that bad. For the rest of the time I just ate in silence.

"Well, we will finish getting ready for the day. If you want to turn on the TV or something then you can, Katie." Lexi said, breaking the silence.

"Um, yeah sure. Thanks!" I replied.

Then they were all heading upstairs..Except for Jacob. He just kind of sat there staring at his waffle.

I (for some reason) felt kind of bad for him.

"Is there something that you to should tell me?" Mrs. Webster asked.

"tell you? No." Jacob replied.

"Oh really?" Mrs. Webster said.

"Really? Why?" Jacob asked.

"Well, because I...I saw you two." she said.

" And what exactly did "you see"?" Jacob asked.

"You know... On the couch." she whispered.

"Oh... That was nothing. We just fell asleep on the same couch. That's all." I said.

Then again I saw something shoot through his eyes. Pain. Why? Did he think it was real? No! He is probably just messing with me.