CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Why is he here?" Shawn growled.

"My mom invited him." I said.

"Why?" He asked cooling off a little.

"He stopped by to return my toothbrush that I left at him and Lexi's house....And Lexi is home sick. So my mom invited him to stay for dinner." I lied.

"And you let her?" he growled.

"I wasn't going to stop her!" I yelled back.

"Okay you're right. Sorry." he mumbled under his breathe.

"It's okay, handsome." I replied with a smile.

Then he leaned in and kissed me. This was the first time that he kissed me. I felt nothing during that kiss. When Jacob kissed me, I felt fireworks...But when Shawn does, I feel nothing. I didn't want tho feel nothing, so I leaned in and kissed him again.....Again, I felt nothing.

"Are you two ready back there?" My mom called.

"Yes. I was just showing him around." I said blushing.

"What have you prepared for us this fine evening?" I asked my mom.

"I made lemon-chicken, green beans, p as potatoes, and blue berry pie for dessert." She replied.

"Sounds good." Jacob said whilst eyeing Shawn suspiciously.

"Yeah....I can't wait." Shawn said whilst eyeing Jacob back.

"Shall we eat?" I asked interrupting their little rivalry.

"My tummy wants food!" Carly cheered.

I went and sat down. Shawn sat on one side of me and Jacob on the other. I frowned a little. I don't want to sit by Jacob! I am still very upset about yesterday. I looked down at my plate. I am not really in the mood for eating. I knew that I had too, though. Or else my mom would feel bad.

Suddenly I felt something on my leg and I looked down and saw Shawn's hand on my thigh. I freaked out a little. Because I didn't know what to do. I looked at him and have him a small innocent smile. He smiled back and squeezed my thigh a little bit. For some reason this felt awkward. He is my boyfriend...that's what boyfriend do right?

I looked over at Jacob a little bit and I saw his eyes land on my thigh. He looked pretty mad right now. It was obvious that he was trying to hold it in, but I could tell that it bothered him. He looked up and his eyes landed on mine for a split second before he went back to his food.

"How is the food?" My mom asked breaking the silence.

"Good." I said.

"Yummy." Carlyle said.

"Great." Jacob said.

"Good." Shawn said last.

"I am glad to hear." My mom said.

"Well, I wish that I could stay, but I was just here to drop off that toothbrush, so I must get going." Jacob said catching my eyes.

He heard me and Shawn talking...and kissing. Suddenly I felt heat go up to my cheeks. I wonder how that made him feel?...Seeing that. Probably pretty mad.

"Well, it was nice having you." My mom said.

"It was nice to be had." Jacob replied.

After that last comment, he stormed out the door.

Jacob's POV

I looked down and saw.Shawn 's hand on Katie 's knee. She looked at him and smiled. Then she looked at me blankly.I looked up at her and caught her eyes for a second before I turned back to my food.

Her mother asked us how the food was and I told her that it was great. I did not like this at all. When her mom invited me to stay...I was expecting for it to just be me, her, Katie, and Katies sister...Not Shawn! If I knew that Shawn was staying, then I wouldn't have.

So I got up and said...

"Well, I wish I could stay, but I just came to drop off that toothbrush, so I must get going."

I stormed out of the house. Once I got in my car I sat down and tried to cool off. I saw way to many things tonight that I NEVER want to see again!

1. Katie and Shawn kissing.

2. Shawn touching Katie 's thigh.

3. Katie kissing Shawn back.

When I kissed Katie she just pushed me away. I am so angry. I didn't know what to do. I pulled out my phone and  dialed a number.

Katie 's POV

" I must get going now. The dinner was great Mrs. Wiebur. Thank you very much." Shawn said.

"I will walk him out." I said.

"Did you like the dinner?" I asked on our front porch.

"Yeah. It was good." He replied.

"Thank you for being so kind tonight." I said.

"Of course. Any thing for ma' lady." He said whilst bowing.

"Well, It is getting kind of chilly out here. I better get inside." I said.

"Okay. I will call you tomorrow." He said.

He gave me a small peck on the cheek and then left.

                                     «»«»«»«»«»«»

"Will you tuck me in?" Carlyle asked.

"Sure. Come on." I said holding out my hand.

"Was that second guy your boyfriend?" She asked innocently.

"Yes." I replied.

"I liked the first one more." She said.

I wasn't expecting these next words to come out of my mouth, but they did.

"Me too."

Hey guys! I know that I alt of my chapters are short, but when this book is done then there will be a lot of chapters. I hope that you all enjoy! COMMENT DOWN BELOW WHAT YOU THINK!

                                   Kisses

                                                     ~Tessa:)