Chapter 18

Ava's P.O.V

*Recap*

When we got to Gina's house, I went to my house. I arrived and for once my mom was home. Her car was in the driveway and when I walked in her shoes were on the ground. I went upstairs to her room and opened the door. Ok, so I didn't barge in. I knocked and when I didn't get an answer I walked in. She wasn't in her bed but there was a trail of clothes leading to the bathroom. But not only hers, there was guy clothes too. No. She can't. As much as I didn't want to, I had too. I walked up to her bathroom and opened the door.

You know how they say 'Curiosity killed the cat'? Well that my friends is true, very true. And in this case I was the cat.

There in the shower, was my mom and some guy that seemed about her age. When she heard me open the bathroom door, she opened the shower door but covered herself. She looked at me and her face was a mix between guilt and confusion. Yeah, the bitch better be guilty. No, I don't care that I just called my fucking mom a bitch. "Ava... I-" She stopped because she didn't have an excuse. Of course she didn't; there's no explanation for being a slut.

I looked at her and an anger rush surged through me. I laughed and said, "What? Don't have an excuse? Of course you don't, there's no excuse for being a slut." Her eyes widened when I said that, but they were replaced with anger. "How dare you call your own mother a slut?" Of course it was a rhetorical question, but I answered anyways. "Hmm... I don't know. Maybe because she's fucking another guy in the fucking bathroom?" I was still laughing and trust me, it wasn't a sweet laugh. Suddenly she slapped me across the cheek. Hard. I took a step back and held my cheek in pain. I stopped laughing and glared at her and I was holding so much anger in my eyes, I'm pretty sure my eyes turned red or black. "Ava Edwards!" I shook my head and said, "No. I am not Ava Edwards. I am Ava Parker. I'm not and never will be from this point on, Ava Edwards." Parker was my dad's last name and when he left, my mom changed my last name so I would only have hers.

She looked at me and I know the whole 'Parker' thing got to her. I'm glad. I was going to leave, but I decided to tell her everything that I had held in for her sake. But before I could say anything, she beat me to it and said, "Ava, don't. You don't know all the hard work I have been through to keep it together. You can't blame everything on me. Your dad left us, remember that. Your dad left you and I didn't. I stayed. Don't blame me for taking another chance at love. He left, not me." By now she had a few tears in her eyes, but I still had my cold, hard glare on her. "No. You did not fucking stay. Once my dad left, you left with him. You're never here and it's like you're not even my mom. You know, it's funny because you didn't even notice that when she died, part of me died too." She knew exactly who I was talking about. I turned around and before walking out said, "Oh yeah, bye." I walked out slamming her bedroom door with her calling out my name. I got out another suitcase and started packing up only the things I needed. I picked up an old frame and smiled at the picture. It was of me and Andrea; she was whispering a secret to me and I was smiling at the camera. And I remember exactly what her secret was.

Flashback

"Okay, girls get ready! Me and mommy are going to take a picture of you both." It was our dad and our mom, still together. "Okay daddy!" We answered at the same time. I was smiling for the picture and for some reason Andrea chose that time to lean in and whisper her secret at me. "Hey Ava, I have a secret. I like Jai." She blushed and I giggled. "Oh my god. Andrea has a crush!" I said this out loud so both my mom and dad heard. My dad came and kneeled down to our height level. "Hmm... what's this about Andrea having a crush?" I giggled and said, "Yeah! It's J-", but Andrea clapped a hand over my mouth before I finished. "Just kidding. She was going to say Just kidding, daddy." She gave him an innocent smile and my dad just smiled. "Hmmm... are you lying to me?" Andrea quickly shook her head and then my dad looked at me. "Are you lying Ava?" I pretended to zip my lips and said 'no daddy'." He just shook his head and said, "I think you guys are lying so you deserve a punishment." I looked at Andrea and our eyes widened. Suddenly, we were attacked and picked up by my dad. He tickled us to death. "Help us mommy!" We both screamed out and my mom came to 'save us'.

Flashback over

I smiled as I remembered. I sighed and packed that up. Everything was set. I walked out and looked back at our house that was so full of memories; good and bad. I couldn't hold them in anymore. I let the tears fall. I didn't know where to go so I decided to head to Zoe's. I know what you're thinking. 'Why don't you just go to the Brooks?' Well they need some personal family time. I called Zoe and she was excited that I got back. She said she come pick me up and I agreed. Pretty soon she came and when she saw my suitcases she gasped. Literally. "Ava! What happened and what's up with the suitcases?" I sighed and said, "Tell you in the car, now help me with these." We put them in her car and she turned to look at me. "Okay, so what's up?"

I explained what had happened with my mom and by the end I was in tears. She just hugged me and said I could stay with her for as long as I wanted since her parents liked me and they knew my story. I denied because I was going to buy a ticket to L.A and leave soon again, before the boys. I was only going to stay one night at Zoe's. She agreed with my idea and said something crazier. "I agree, but I'm coming with you." I burst out laughing but when she didn't laugh I stopped. "Are you serious?" She nodded her head but I was still confused. "But what about your 'rents?" She shrugged and said, "Okay, so I might've lied to them and said that you invited me over there to stay with you guys." I gaped and said, "What? Why? Like, I don't have a problem with that, but why?" She shrugged again and said, "I don't know. Because I was bored and lonely without you. So can I?" I smiled and said, "Of course you can! I need to introduce you to Justin." Her eyes widened and she gasped. "Justin?! Ooooooh. Omg. You found a guy?" I nodded my head but then said, "Well two, actually." She gasped and slapped me on the arm. "Ava! You slut!" I know she said it jokingly so I started laughing, but deep down I felt guilty.

A.N Hey guys! Hope you like it! I'm no sure if I'm going to update tomorrow, but if I finish the chapter, I will. Well thanks and ily guys. Byeeee. VOTE AND COMMENT!!! <3 Bye.