Chapter 19

Ava's P.O.V

She stared at me with a crazy smile. "What are you thinking Zoe?" She laughed and said, "Tell me who the other guy is!" I shook my head and zipped up my lips. She frowned and started whinnying. "Pleeeeease! Ava!" She kept telling me the whole way and all I did was shake my head. I didn't want to tell her because I was afraid. I don't know why but I was and I didn't want anyone to know. When we finally arrived at her house, I took some clothes from my luggage and went inside her house. I was expecting her parents to come and greet us, but they didn't. "Zoe, where are your parents?" She turned to look at me and said, "They went on a 'business trip', but I think they just got tired of my shit so they went on a vacation. That's why they agreed to let me go to L.A." She put air quotes on 'business trip'. I nodded my head and jumped on her bed. "I'm tired." She clicked her mouth and said, "No, no, no. We're going out so get a dress." I frowned and shook my head. "But-" "No but's. Get ready or you'll leave like that." I looked down and was in leggings and a white t- shirt. I shrugged and said, "Ehhh, not bad." She looked at me with a serious expression and it honestly scared me. "Go. Get. Changed." I raised my hands in the air and said, "Woah. Okok."

I changed into a red cut out dress, paired it with grey ankle strap platform heels, a denim jacket and a cute arrow bracelet. I did my hair into a bun and my make up was light. Zoe put on a glittery grey bandeau dress, paired it with black heels that had the heel glittery grey as well, and a leather jacket. She let her hair go and curled it, and put on cute little triangle earrings and her make up was light as well. When we were ready we took a picture and she uploaded it onto Twitter. As we were heading out, I got two texts. One from Jai and another one from Charlie. I opened Charlie's first.

From: PrettyBoy

Hey, heard you got back. Hang out?

To: PrettyBoy

Hey, I am, and going to the club. You down?

While I waited for his text, I opened Jai's

From: Jye<3

Hey, where are you? Went to your house, but you weren't home?

To: Jye<3

Problems with mom, I'll tell you later. I came to Zoe's for a sleepover but we're heading out to the club. Come with?

From: PrettyBoy

Sure, what club?

To: PrettyBoy

The one by....(A.N Idk just imagine I put an actual address)

From: PrettyBoy

M'kay, on my way xx

To: PrettyBoy

Kay then x

From: Jye<3

Yeah, I'll ask the guys. With who?

To: Jye<3

Me, Zoe and Charlie and you guys

From: Jye<3

Fake ID's again?😏😁

To: Jye<3

'Course 😉😂

From: Jye<3

They said yeah, meet you there xxx

To: Jye<3

Okay then xx

I told Zoe that everybody was going and she was fine with it. I think she liked James, but I wasn't sure. We got there and Zoe had to get something from her car, so I waited for her. "What's a pretty little thing just standing here alone?" I knew who that was. I looked up and smiled. It was Charlie. "Hi", I said with a smile. He chuckled and said, "Hey. Long time, no see." I chuckled and rolled my eyes, saying, "One week." He put a hand over his heart and faked hurt. "Why does the pretty thing hurt me?" I laughed and was about to respond when I felt a hand on my waist. I yelped and looked up. It was Jai and he was looking fine.

He chuckled and said, "It's just me."

Hmm. Just you, making my butterflies appear 100000000000000x more than usual.

I turned my attention to Jai and it's funny how when you like somebody else, everybody else doesn't matter when you guys are together. I smiled and said, "Sorry." He chuckled again and said, "You look beautiful by the way." I blushed and said, "Thank you. Not bad yourself either Brooks." He laughed and shook his head. He was wearing a black button up with his black jeans and converse. He had his hair tousled up, and it looked beautiful on him. 😭*Cries because friend zone forever*😭 Pretty soon, we walked in successfully with our fake ID's.

We all walked over to the bar and I didn't want to drink something really strong so I just ordered a strawberry margarita. Zoe went to go dance with James. Beau and Skip went to go search for girls. Luke was with them as well, so that left me, Charlie and Jai. Honestly it was pretty awkward. I had one boy on each side of me. I didn't even know who to talk to so I just kept drinking my drink.

"Ooooh. Omg. Heey." I almost choked on my drink when I heard that voice. It was Madison. Ugh. I looked at her and she gave me a fake smile. "Hey Ava." She turned to Jai and batted her eyelashes at him. "Hey Jai." Jai just coughed and scratched the back of his neck nervously. I stifled a laugh and watched as she continued to try to get his attention. I mean, I should probably be jealous since I like him but she's Madison and yeah. When she finally realized she couldn't get him, she moved onto Charlie. But her actions surprised me and honestly made me feel uncomfortable.

"Charlie! What are you doing here?" She questioned him and it seemed like they already knew each other. He shifted uncomfortably like Jai had, but regained his composure and said, "I should be asking you the same sister." Sister? What? Oh hell no. Poor boy. Finally a hot guy actually thinks I'm pretty and he has to be the brother well, step-brother because when we were friends, Madison told me nothing about a brother, of my tormentor. I scooted closer to Jai and blocked out the conversation between them. "Hey, wanna dance?" Jai asked me. I looked up at him in surprise, since I knew he didn't like to dance. He shrugged and said, "Better than listening to these two solve out their problems or whatever." I smiled and nodded my head. I turned to look back at Charlie but he was nowhere in sight and neither was Madison. Okay, so he left.

We spent the whole night dancing and honestly I even forgot everything that happened in L.A, and it's like L.A never even happened. Although, I was kinda scared that a certain topic would be brought up. Like, the kiss. In the airplane. I guess god hated me or something because after a few more songs, me and Jai decided to take a break and sit down at the bar. He looked at me and I smiled at him. He smiled back and then said, "Look, we need to talk." I shifted uncomfortably and nodded my head. "What's up?"

"It's about the kiss." I nodded my head and said,"Okay." He nodded his head and began, "Look, I just did it so you wouldn't ramble on. I didn't mean for it to you know mean something." Honestly, my heart broke a little. Into a million little pieces.

"I know, it's okay. It was to shut me up and I get it, it meant nothing to you because we're just best friends. I know I've heard it all; you will never see us as more than friends." I tried to sound nonchalant and cool but instead I sounded exactly like how I was feeling. Hurt and broken.

Jai's P.O.V

Why did I say that? I have no idea. I don't want to ruin our friendship by telling her how I like her, but she doesn't feel the same way and then our friendship turns into an awkward one. When I said what I said, her expressions confused me. She looked shocked and...hurt?

"I know, it's okay. It was to shut me up and I get it, it meant nothing to you because we're just best friends. I know I've heard it all; you will never see us as more than friends." She spoke up and her voice was just hurt. I wanted to tell her the truth; how I actually do like her and I don't care if our friendship turns awkward, but I do care and that's the problem. She looked at me as if expecting me to say something, but I couldn't speak. She simple nodded her head at me and said, "Well, ok." With that, she walked away.

A.N Hey guys! Monday again, which means another update. Well anyways I hope you guys have been liking the story so far and I know there's been a lot drama and more to go but there will be times where everything is calm. Well ily guys and byeeee. Remember to VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!!! Until then, see you again on Wednesday :)