Chapter 31

Ava's P.O.V

I woke up with last night's clothes. I got up and showered. I changed into some comfy sweats and a small shirt, when I got a message from Jai.

From: Jye<3

Hey, pick you up at 6?

To: Jye<3

Sure, fancy or casual?

From: Jye<3

Fancy ;) xxx

I laughed at his winky face and went downstairs to eat breakfast. Zoe was downstairs, with a uniform on?

"Hey Zo, what?" I said confused at what she was wearing. "I got a job," she simply shrugged. I nodded my head and said, "I start mine next week." She nodded and said, "Well I have to go, but I'll see you later?" I nodded my head and she gave me a smile before heading out.

Hours later

I went upstairs to change into something nice. (Outfit on polyvore). Once I was done, I texted Jai I was ready and he came to pick me up. He was wearing a white button- up with the sleeves rolled up and black jeans with black shoes. I smiled and took his hand. We arrived at this fancy restaurant and it was beautiful. We sat down and ordered our food. The food was great, but too fancy. When we were done, we payed, well Jai did which was unfair because who said that only the guys should pay? We drove back home and before I got out, Jai pulled me and gave me a long, and sweet kiss. I pulled back, flustered and gasping for air. He smiled and said, "Ava, I love you." This time I didn't hesitate, like I had done with Justin and said, "I love you, too." Justin... I haven't heard from him. I think I'm going to talk to him.

Jai's P.O.V

"Will you be my girlfriend?" The words kind of stumbled out of my mouth and I scratched the back of my neck. Fuck. What if she says no. Did I ask her too soon?

She chuckled and I looked at her. "Yes Jai, I will be your girlfriend. Calm down." I blushed realizing I was saying these things out loud. She laughed and gave me a kiss. I smiled and felt her smile as well. I walked her to her front door and gave her another kiss. I just couldn't get enough of her. She said goodbye and walked inside. I got in the car and drove home. It was fun today with her.

*Next Day*

Ava's P.O.V

I woke up and just watched t.v, when my phone rang. It was my mom. I answered and I heard her sigh in relief.

Mom: Hey Ava

Ava: Hi

Mom: Look, I know we've had our rough times but I need you to try and act civilized for your father's funeral

Ava: I'm not some kind of animal, ya know? But I'll try. For my dad.

Mom: Okay, and I'd like you to meet D-

Ava: If it's your new guy, I'm not interested and I have to go so bye.

I hung up and sighed. I don't know how I'm going to control my attitude with her, because as you can see even in a phone call I can't. I know it's my fault that I don't want to patch things up but I- I can't. I just can't.Trust me, I love her; I love my mother because who doesn't love their mom but I don't know. I got up and showered. I checked my phone and I got a text from Charlie? (Zac Efron)

From: Prettyboy<3

Hey Ava, ummm I'm in L.A ;) wanna hang out? xx

To: Prettyboy<3

Yeah sure :) Where? x

He answered right away.

From: Prettyboy<3

Umm... beach? Venice. If you want, like in an hour?

I checked the time and it was 11:30.

To: Prettyboy<3

Yeah, sure.

From: Prettyboy<3

Great, need to talk to you ASAP xxx

To: Prettyboy<3

Okay then xx

I changed into some beach clothes and packed up a towel with beach things. (Outfit on Polyvore) I drove to the beach and called Justin to see where he was at. After a few minutes of looking for each other, we finally found one another and went to the beach to go choose a place to sit down. We sat by the water and I put on sunscreen, so I wouldn't burn myself. He said he needed to talk to me, so I asked him what was wrong. He sighed before saying, "My mom passed away." I was speechless. I hugged him and he began crying. It hurt to see him like this. "Charlie, I'm so sorry." He nodded his head and said, "She was my mom, she was the only family I had." I nodded my head and felt my eyes get watery. "I know what it's like, Charlie. My dad passed away a few days ago, too." He broke apart and said,"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. And here I am crying about my mom, I'm sorry Ava." I looked at him and said, "What? No, it's fine. I'm here for you, Charlie. What happened? Like why did you come?" I didn't want to sound rude or anything, but like L.A? "Well, the truth is, I came for you. I know you like Jai so I don't mean it in that way, but I mean like I don't have anybody else for me over in Australia. The only person I can trust right now, is you." I felt happy that he felt this way. "Charlie, if you want, you can move in with me and Zoe. Our house is huge and we have a bunch of rooms." He looked at me and said, "No, I can-" "Charlie, please." He sighed and nodded his head. I smiled and hugged him again. "I need to head to Australia in a few days, so if you want to come..." He nodded his head and said, "Yeah, I need my clothes. And for money, I have enough to pay you rent." I shook my head and said,"Just worry about a car and that's it for now, Charlie." He shook his head and said, "I'll help."

A.N Hey guys!!! How ya doin'? The heat is killing me over here in California. Well anyways hope you like it and yeah, what do you think of Charlie? He's not gonna be a bad guy so just already telling you guys. :) Well yeah, byeeeee and ily guys.