Chapter 9

When the shoot was finished Nigel asked Lexi to join him for lunch at his house.

Catering vans filled the driveway and the whole house teemed with people preparing for that night's party. Nigel guided her to a table in the dining area off the kitchen where Lexi took a seat, slightly nervous, wondering why she had been called over.

"Relax, dearest," he said in a soothing voice as he brought a charcuterie board over and placed it between them. "We just need to make some plans before you leave tomorrow. Eat."

While Lexi settled her affairs at home, Emma would  do some preliminary legwork to find the London house. Nigel hoped that she could be settled within a few weeks of her arrival; in the meantime, she would be comfortably ensconced in a luxury hotel.

Once in England she would record background tracks for four songs so they could be mixed onto the boys' album. Then the events and press junkets for the singles' and album's releases would begin. She would be joining the band onstage for live performances from that point on. There would also be two more music videos to film. The next few months would be hard, exciting work.

When Nigel asked Lexi what sort of manager she thought would be best for her - cozy, businesslike, younger, older, male, female - she was at a loss for a moment.

"I don't know. I suppose someone a lot like Emma. She's very knowledgeable and efficient, but also kind. We get along really well, and I like how she interacts with the guys. Can you clone her?"

Sadly, he said with a grin, he couldn't, but he would take her preference into consideration when making a decision.

She thought their visit was at and end until Nigel took a deep breath, letting it out slowly before speaking.

"Lexi, we need to discuss one more thing..."

"Jack?"

"Jack. Dearest, I don't give a rat's furry arse what happens behind closed doors. I'm glad you two have hit it off, but it must stay under wraps. The boys are just getting started and we need them young and handsome and single for now. That's what's going to sell millions of records to the fans, the dream that one day they might be Jack or Lukas or Ewan's girl. They'll figure out soon enough that Fyn's off that table, and that's fine. He'll have his own fans.

"You'll need to be seen as available as well. We're counting on you to appeal to the girls who want to be you and the boys who want to fuck you." He paused as she cringed.

"It's an ugly truth. You're going to be a hot commodity once your face is out there. There'll be a line of celebrities, socialites, young and old, clamoring for dates. We'll help you navigate that. Right now, though, we need you and Jack to keep it very private."

She nodded.

"The boys will always bunk together in two rooms, and you'll have your own. We'll turn a blind eye to visits after hours, but no one, not even hotel staff, must see him leave your room. And you'll need to be equally affectionate with the others in public. Give them kisses, hugs, the occasional smack on the ass. Confuse everyone watching, because they will be watching.

"This is how it works. Your public life will be orchestrated, and your private life will be buried deep. Think about this before things with Jack go too far, before you get too close. Will you do that for me?"

"I will. I'll manage. Every minute I want this more, Nigel. I won't lie to you, though; right now I want Jack too, but I'm listening to you and trust you not to lead me astray."

"Excellent. Now, my dearest Lexi, I will send you back to your bungalow to prepare for tonight's festivities. Wait until you see who's coming. You're going to swoon, and so will they when they meet you."