Chapter 51 | PHASE THREE: Love

DYLAN ||

"Dylan."

"Dylan."

I groaned before slowly opening my eyes at the feeling of someone shaking my shoulder and calling the name I've never hated more than at this very moment, knowing my man wouldn't call me that after all of this time.

I've craved to hear his voice, I needed to hear him call me Puppy again because it's been way too long since I've heard it.

Lifting my head off my mate's hospital bed and looking over my shoulder, I turn my lip up and growl when I see my family behind me.

"Who the fuck let you all in here?" I snap, before focusing in on my mate's face in front of me.

I let out a defeated sigh when I notice he was still unconscious.

"Sweetheart, watch your language." Mom tells me and I roll my eyes.

I still didn't appreciate what happened that fucking night. Why were Dad and uncle Jake even there in the first place? Not to mention the fact that they gave me such a bullshit ass excuse of scouting the area when my mate was minutes away from leaving me alone in this dumbass world.

Did they even try to save him?

"Fuck that," I scoff. "No offense mom, but I won't watch shit else until I get some answers that make sense."

Eyes shifting between my Dad and uncle Jake, their nervousness all too apparent, I ask, "What we're you two doing in the forest that night?"

"Son," Dad starts, that rude ass tone that he loved taking with me, pissed me off so much. "we told you that we were scouting the area."

"Bullshit." I called it how I saw it.

"Hey, watch your mouth, Dylan," Dad growls and I scoff. "We're still the pack elders."

"And that means what to me?" I ask, my tone laced with disgust for the men in front of me. "You may be my elders, but I'm your Alpha, so answer my questions truthfully or you'll be the next ones in the cells or you might even find yourself banished."

Dad narrows his eyes at me then. I could tell he didn't like that but legally he had no other choice but to hear it and heed my warning.

So instead of responding, he huffs a breath of frustration and turns away from me.

Uncle Jake shoots him a look that I didn't recognize before looking back at me. "We're telling you the truth nephew, we felt someone enter the territory and we went to go investigate the issue. We saw the hole in the gate and we saw your mate on the ground-"

"And?!" Yelling, I completely cut him off. I was far past the point of being respectful. "Did you even try to help my mate before you decided to leave pack territory and scout an area I never gave you permission to?"

I almost lost my fucking mate and they were there! They saw something that they're not telling me, they know something that they're not telling me and it's pissing me off.

"Nephew," Uncle Jake whispers, seeing how worked up I'd become. "we tried to help Raiden. We felt for a pulse, his skin was cold to the touch. We thought he was gone, so we went to search for who did this."