Chapter 14 | PHASE ONE: Control pt. 2

The rewrite will have 100 chapters in total and but will be removed in February, completed or not due to publication issues.

On REAM - the Kindle version will be uploaded with all of the changes, upgrades and additions to the story.

I am no longer on Patreon.

If you're not familiar with Ream - go to my BIO. There you will find step by step instructions on how to join and how to get the app on your phone ( if you have an IPhone )

The Kindle version will be uploaded to Kindle on February 14, 2024. . . And this book will be split up into 3 seperate books. So the first book, Chapters 1-33 will be posted to Kindle on the release date listed above.

————————————

DYLAN ||

Standing outside of the Conference building again, I sigh heavily as I've done every fucking day for the past two weeks.

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since my pack warriors locked my mate and his friend up in the underground cells under my Dad's command and there wasn't a damn thing that I could do about it.

I've been fucking nauseous, I can't sleep, I can't eat, I'm growing weaker — exhausted, my heart feels like it's being ripped out of my fucking chest the longer he stays down there.

The pull of the bond has increased every single fucking day and I'm losing my shit about it — at this point, I don't even give a shit that he's a man, I just want him out of these fucking cells because my body, my heart, my soul is begging for him and I need him close to me or I just might fucking wither away and die.

If things have been this bad for me, I can only imagine how hard things have been on Raiden and Reland.

Our cells here aren't the nicest — they're cold and small and dirty and they smell. The whole hallway gets dark because most of those lights don't work, there's no windows for fresh air, there's no warmth.

Nothing about this situation would be easy for them and I've seen firsthand how my Dad and uncle Jake command our warriors to treat prisoners or pack members that have disobeyed a direct order.

Just a few days down there would turn even the strongest Alpha around, so two weeks — two fucking weeks must be killing them.

And just that thought was fucking killing me.

It's gotten so bad to the point where I've been camping outside of the building at night, just to be close to Raiden's warmth — just to be able to calm the bond even a little bit.

I've been slacking on my duties as Alpha, paperwork is beginning to pile up, we're wracking in more debt, my Dad, uncle Jake and Gabe have been running the pack meetings and Hunter has been running warrior tearing because I just can't seem to pull myself out of this funk.

I've neglected everything that it means to be an Alpha and it's only getting worse as time goes on.

So seeing how today marks the day that the two week period is up from the Council's order, I was practically giddy to release my mate and his friend from those Goddess awful cells.

Growling to myself, I walk away from the Conference building and walk the twenty minutes that it takes to get back to my packhouse, in search of my Dad's office to speak to him about all of this.

Knocking on the door, I wait for him to give me permission to enter and when he does, I quickly open the door to see him looking over the mountain of pack paperwork.