Chapter 85 | PHASE FIVE: Attempt

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Gory, graphic depictions of violence. Graphic scenes, mentions of blood, pain and suffering. Mention of SA.

The rewrite will have 100 chapters in total and but will be removed in February, completed or not due to publication issues.

On REAM - the Kindle version will be uploaded with all of the changes, upgrades and additions to the story.

I am no longer on Patreon.

If you're not familiar with Ream - go to my BIO. There you will find step by step instructions on how to join and how to get the app on your phone ( if you have an IPhone )

The Kindle version will be uploaded to Kindle on February 14, 2024. . . And this book will be split up into 3 seperate books. So the first book, Chapters 1-33 will be posted to Kindle on the release date listed above.

I have 5 books coming to Kindle between the months of January & April 2024❤️

Until tonight, my love has already been posted to Kindle. The formatting is awful but it's there lmao!

———————————————

RAIDEN ||

With one hand wrapped firmly around the back of my neck, Dax drags me through the castle and towards the hidden rooms of the Lab, claiming he'd imprisoned two very important people to me.

Each square foot of the castle is like walking a mile with the way my heart was in my throat.

We have to make it from the third floor, stoned walls and floors, hallways lined with pictures of the Kalawaii and Varexium Covens.

Spirits and shadows of the past - both gentle and quite literally insane line the hallways and everywhere you stepped, eyes locked on our every movement.

They weren't happy with Dax nor anyone in the Vareixum Coven but with dragon's blood on his side, Dax and his Coven were safe from the Kalawaii shadowed spirits rage.

My eyes take in each section of the castle that we pass. Everything was still covered in red and black, vines lining the walls, lanterns floating, firepits in the stone floors and whispers of the Kalawaii ghosts.

My heart lurches in my chest with each step. I couldn't shake the feeling that it could possibly be Dylan or Roman or Reland.

Had they found me? Had they tried to rescue me and failed? Had Dax actually captured them? Would he kill my blessing now that I'm not technically connected to Dylan anymore?

Dax had no reason to keep him alive but to torture me. If he wanted, he could easily snatch the soul from my love's body and never return it.

And if he wanted my baby brother or my bestfriend, he could have them. He could take them, imprison them here and never let them go until he either got what he wanted from them. . . or killed them after getting what he wanted.

I stifle a shivered whimper as we round the stone corner and move towards the shifting staircases. Carefully stepping on the first one, it moves us down to the second level that Dax shoves me onto. I have to breathe deep to keep the nausea from bubbling up and over that threshold at the shifting and twisting of the staircases.

Once we've descended down to the very bottom floor of the castle - the floor that held the Lab and hallway of cells - Dax grabs my arm and leads me towards the dungeons with one way mirrors.