Chapter 5 | PHASE ONE: Work

The rewrite will have 100 chapters in total and but will be removed in February, completed or not due to publication issues.

On REAM - the Kindle version will be uploaded with all of the changes, upgrades and additions to the story.

I am no longer on Patreon.

If you're not familiar with Ream - go to my BIO. There you will find step by step instructions on how to join and how to get the app on your phone ( if you have an IPhone )

The Kindle version will be uploaded to Kindle on February 14, 2024. . . And this book will be split up into 3 seperate books. So the first book, Chapters 1-33 will be posted to Kindle on the release date listed above.

————————————

RAIDEN ||

Taking things slow.

It'd seemed like the best scenario for my situation with Dylan, seeing how he didn't seem like the kind of man that was secure enough in himself to be mated to a man like me.

Our conversation earlier proved just how right I was when he said that he just couldn't accept a man but we both knew that he would never reject me — if he'd wanted to, he would have done so the very first day that he laid eyes on me.

Yet he hadn't, so there was something in Dylan's heart, something in his soul that wanted me.

I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't actually look forward to the time that we somehow did make this work.

But for now, this would do because I was correct in what I said before — I would not accept a mate that couldn't accept me, so until that time comes, we will do what's best for the both of us and take things slow.

_____

Walking into work, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the job that I was doing today — or rather the place that I was working in today.

Club CLAW — a nightclub owned and operated by the Blackstone pack in the large, boisterous and obnoxiously busy werewolf city, Ethos.

The last three years of regaining my freedom, I started investing into myself. Trying to find things that made me happy, relearning what brought me joy in life and one of those things was painting.

It was perfect for a man like me — for a feline like me, someone who didn't have much tolerance when it came to crowded places or loud noises.

It was something that I could do whenever my anxiety became too much — when it threatened to take over my life and pull me under.

Painting was a beautiful way to escape for me, to get lost in my brush strokes and enjoy the tranquility of it all.

My hobby turned business has brought in some serious cash for me over the years. I was able to purchase my condo outright, to buy my very first car with no monthly payments, to support myself like I've never been able to do before.

I've become extremely proud of my life and my confidence has spiked since learning to love myself again, since I've learned what makes me happy and what makes me tick, since I've grown into the man that my family would be proud of, that my brother and sisters would be proud of — that I would be proud of.

My business is based on word of mouth — my previous clients speak to the people that they know who are looking for work and then they send them to me.