Chapter 19 | PHASE ONE: Squishy & Hairball

DYLAN ||

Three weeks — it's been three weeks since my Dad commanded our warriors to lock Raiden and his friend, Reland away and I am losing my ever loving shit.

I've been flipping my shit — shit has flipped because I'm flipping out and because I'm flipping out, shit has flipped along with it, and I can't stop the shit from flipping which means shit will never stop flipping!

The pain in my chest hasn't gotten any better either, my soul feels like it's drying out and the life within is slowly but surely withering away.

The distance of being away from my mate and the discomfort of vaguely feeling his pain through the bond has been the most intense thing I've ever experienced and I fucking hate it!

I want to get him and his friend out of there!

I want to force my Dad to his knees and make him realize that I'm the fucking Alpha, not him.

I want him to realize that I make the decision for our pack, not him. I want him to hand over the finances and paperwork and business assets and allow the half of our pack that's still pledged to him — to pledge to me because I'm the Alpha now.

I feel so fucking trapped in my own skin, in my own pack — in my title.

I've never met another Alpha that's had this much trouble with their parents when it comes to being handed over their pack and running it the way they want to.

My life is a fucking joke and it sucks.

In search of the kitchen, I knew that our housekeeper, Angie would be making breakfast like she did every morning — so I pull a stool from underneath the kitchen island counter and sit down, just as I notice Hunter and Roman taking a seat as well.

Over the past week, Roman has become like apart of the pack — his presence hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would and seeing Hunter this happy, somehow made me happy.

Just a little bit though because I don't get to be fucking happy with my Goddess given mate.

"Hello my babies," Angie smiles cheerfully. "Hungry?"

"Always." Roman replies with a huge toothy grin that I hadn't seen before, which caused a huge smile to take over Hunter's face as well.

And I roll my eyes because there was absolutely nothing happy about this moment for me right now.

"I'm sorry, Angie, this is my mate, Roman." Hunter begins the introduction and Angie offers her hand for a handshake but Roman surprises everyone by taking her hand and kissing the back of it instead.

Which of course makes Angie blush and pings a little bit of jealousy in me and Hunter as he sends his mate a glare that Roman ignores entirely before looking at me.

"Hey Squishy," Roman wiggles his eyebrows towards me and I returns his gesture with a growl.

"Don't call me that, Hairball." I snarl, taking a bite of my eggs — angrily might I add.

Who's angry at breakfast? Me, that's who.

"Hey, Rome!" Looking behind us when I hear Garrett, my younger brother coming into the kitchen, Hunter shakes his head as he slaps Roman's shoulder.

Then right after his assault comes Theo's — my younger cousin's assault against the Hairball, to which Roman just laughs off as he greets both of them before shoving them away.

"Theo, have you been practicing your archery?" Roman asks, his eyes lighting up as he speaks about one of my cousin's favorite past times.

Turns out that Roman loves archery too and for some reason that made me like the Feline even more because archery was one of the first skills that I'd actually become really good at.