Chapter 59 | PHASE FOUR: Rut

RAIDEN ||

Finally having Dylan back in my arms was such a relief but I hadn't expect him to relay such a shocking revelation.

The moment Onyx and I saw the mystery man and Taj standing in front of my love and another man who held an eerie resemblance to him, we lurched forward, wanting nothing more than to tear apart the men that were keeping our blessing from us, but Dylan had stopped us.

He pleaded with us, he wanted to protect the mystery man. Dylan wasn't upset with the fact that Gabe was here instead of back in the pack where he said he would be and now I hear this?

"What?!" I ask in disbelief.

"Liam is my father." Dylans says, making my attention shoot to the man behind him again.

I couldn't help but bare my canines at the mystery man. "Explain."

"Ok," The man named Liam nods. "But first let's get you all decent and than take a seat in my packhouse for privacy."

After doing what he'd said, we gratefully take the clothes that were offered and get dressed as quickly as possible before following the man into what I could only assume was his packhouse.

It's only then that Dylan explains everything that's transpired once they left the pack. The fight with the rogues, the scouting of the first camp, the long journey to the silver river. . . the fact he thought it was a good idea to split everyone up in different groups.

I growled at him when he told me that.

Dylan knew what I'd asked of him. Stay safe, be careful, stay alert and stay with Hunter at all times, yet he couldn't follow my very simple instructions.

He quickly recovered his mistake by telling me that he was glad they split up because of what happened after.

Apparently he thought I should be happy about the fact that Taj drugged him, then Gabe helped knock him out and cuffed him to a table once they carried him back to this Shadow Pack.

However, Dylan's explanation of the events before he arrived here didn't make me feel any better and why the fuck would they?

Why would I be happy with two men that I never trusted to begin with, hearing they drugged my mate, put their hands on him and then cuffed him, completely holding him hostage!

I shook my head and tried to grab Taj from behind Dylan, but he quickly grabbed me and forced me back onto the couch and begged me to listen.

Dylan told me that what Gabe and Taj did was for good reason and even though I didn't believe it, I listened to the whole story of his time in some room here and what the wolves told him about the past of his pack.

Rage mixed with shock were about the only emotions that I could truly explain away with words as Dylan recalled the events of the past week.

The first true rage inducing fact — Taj and Cassius are fucking black leopards.

I knew something was off about those two, there's no good reason why they should have hid their scents and their knowledge of Dax Kyles was still something to uncover.

The fact that they were the leopards that Dylan's pack reported didn't surprise me at all once I learned their true identities.

And the first true shock inducing revelation — Liam. . . the mystery man, is actually Dylan's father.

Hearing his story was like feeling the worst pain you've ever experienced in life. I couldn't even begin to imagine what he's been through, the heartache he's felt, the loneliness he's had to endure, the strength he's had to muster to get through everything that's been forced upon him.