Chapter 81 | PHASE FIVE: Trauma pt. 1

Trigger Warning: Hard feelings. Suicidal thoughts, abusive content, hints towards SA.

Take care while reading this chapter.

COMMENT. VOTE. ENJOY. . . I need to see that engagement to post the next few chapters besties! So show some love if you're enjoying this story💋

——————————————————

RAIDEN ||

The incessant drip of water from that faucet in the corner of the room spurs my eyelids to flutter.

A deep and guttural groan escapes me as I hear the Kronyght metal doors begin to open, finally shining some light into the dungeon that I'd surely find my last days in.

Today was a little different though. I wasn't chained to the wall today or forced to my knees before Dax or whipped or shocked or beaten.

No, today, he decided my body endured enough yesterday and made the executive decision to chain my wrists above my head, hoisting my arms up and attaching my chains to the ceiling, causing my feet to barely touch the concrete floor.

My hair was matted and mangled on top of my head at this point, my eyes had adjusted to the darkness so the light that crept in was a little nauseating and my body was beaten and bruised - covered in the torturous amounts of cruelty they'd already inflicted on me here.

I'd never felt as exhausted as I was now. It was useless trying to fight him. Dax would always win. It's wasn't an opinion, it was a fact and the entire Varexium Coven knew it.

Dax's boots beat across the concrete floor, each step sounding off the walls, each step a dagger to my soul.

"Hi Kitten," I moan out in pain when he roughly grips my chin and forces my gaze up to meet his. "Have you learned your lesson yet?"

I don't answer that. I don't even know how long I've been here, but I do know that I can't take anymore pain. I just can't. I'm not as strong as I was back then.

"Still no answer?" Dax questions with a raise of his brow and I immediately regret my lack of voice when he scoffs and shoves my face away from his, my body swaying a little as he does.

The movement pains my every muscle as I weakly try to pull my wrists from my chains, but it's no use.

It's never been. I can't escape him. I don't know why I thought I would ever be able to. These last two years were pure luck. That's it and that's all. Dax was eventually going to find me and reclaim me. I was stupid for thinking otherwise.

Breathing wasn't as easy as it should be. In this position, it was a lot harder to intake the air I needed. So when I see Dax walk around my body and stop behind me, my breath hitches as much as it could with what I knew his eyes were locked on.

I hiss when his fingers come into contact with the fresh slices across my skin.

"Those new whips sure are something," Dax mutters as he continues to trail my shredded flesh and then his hand is coming up to grab a fistful of my hair.

I roar weakly as my head is ripped back and Dax's lips caress my ear. "You know you've never looked more beautiful. . . so broken, so defeated. I love this on you."

A thick lump forms in my throat from what I knew he wanted me to say back. Thank you, Dax — the words sit on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't bring myself to say them.

I wasn't thankful for this. For the punishments. For this room. For the lack of food. For my forsaken bond with Dylan.

There wasn't anything to be thankful for here. I was just waiting for the moment Dax decided to either kill me with his magic or the moment when my body finally gave out from the continuous torture.