[ 24 ]

"By the way, why didn't you push her away?" Jungkook asked once Taehyung stopped chocking.

"I didn't get the chance to.Everything happened within few seconds.She fell down the moment you opened the door and all my attention went to you.I thought you'd misunderstand the situation.That one thought made me go blank actually.Before I could react, she already left." Taehyung spoke up, his expression as serious as ever.

For a moment, he really thought that Jungkook would get mad at him, finding different meanings of the situation he walked in to.The thought itself was disturbing.But Jungkook proved him wrong and he can't be more grateful to have the boy in his life.That's what he wanted from his partner - love and trust.Seems like, he's lucky enough to find both in the person he never even in his dreams imagined to date!

"So, you were scared of me getting angry with you?" Jungkook asked, bringing Taehyung back to the present moment.His eyes sparkled with mischief  as he asked the question to which Taehyung gave him a blank look, immediately turning his mischievous look into a sulky one.

"You always do this to me, hyung.Why do you look at me like I'm your student who doesn't listen to a single advice you give?I'll pray to God to not give a lover like you to anyone, not even to my....to my enemy." Jungkook pouted, scoffing.

He doesn't like it when Taehyung gives him that blank look which screams "dare to do it?" everytime he comes up with something creative.

"No worries.Your wish will be granted since I was custom made." Taehyung dedpanned.

"D-did you just...." Jungkook gasped dramatically.He didn't expect the elder to leave him tongue tied!

"Yes, I did." One side of Taehyung's upper lip curved upwards, forming a smirk as he gave a smug look to the younger who rolled his eyes at him.

"You know what?Let me find someone else for me.It doesn't look like you like me at all." Jungkook puffed his cheeks to show how serious he was of his words.

"First of all, no-one can tolerate you like I do and secondly, yeah, you're right.I don't like you."

Now it was something Jungkook didn't see coming.His face turned pale, feeling a pang in his heart.For a moment, he totally forgot that the elder loves teasing him because hell....those words did hurt him.

Did Taehyung really dislike him?

"Y-you really d-don't like m-me?" Jungkook's voice was small, his eyes shined with tears that are ready to fell down any moment.

"I don't because probably, I feel more than that for you." Taehyung's voice turned soft as he took in the sight of the teary eyed male.He didn't want to tease the boy anymore, knowing how he gets sensitive easily.

"But y-"

"Jungkook-ah, I love you!"

Jungkook's heart definitely skipped a beat as soon as he heard the three magical words from the elder.He didn't expect it so early.His lips wobbled as the tears finally left his doe eyes.

"Y-you are so m-mean.You d-don't have to be a w-walking puzzle all the time.W-why don't you s-say things directly?I-I felt hurt for n-no reason..." Jungkook sniffled, now glaring at the elder through his wet eyelashes.

"Actually, I wasn't planning to say it now, not here at least but I felt the need to say it as my teasing went far this time.I didn't want to hurt you.So-"

"NO." Jungkook shouted all of a sudden, making Taehyung flinch.

"Don't say sorry.I should say it since I was the one who started it." Jungkook continued, fidgeting with his fingers, looking like an innocent little bean.