Chapter 2: King's Order

"Your Majesty, The King.."

The staff from the quarter of the Queen curtseyed on the highest man in Korea. He walked down the hallway in his gallant move while they traveled to where the Queen was.

"We deeply apologize, Your Majesty.. Queen Regent refused to go out of her room after the breakfast with the Grand Prince and Lady Park," Her Lady in waiting, Ahn Ri, told him.

"It's okay, I was the one who told her to meet her here anyway," Jung hyun said.

"Thank you for your consideration, Your Majesty," The lady in waiting curtseyed on him before she opened the two way door to her bedroom.

It has been 3 days since he expresses support for his brother's marriage and his wife is isolating herself away from her duty. Well, it has always been that way ever since she married him. She refuses everything that her title upholds, and everything that goes on in this very Palace is his work as well.

"My Queen, His Majesty.. is here for you," Her lady in waiting called out her attention until they arrived in her room but all he got was a glare, not even a single curtsey or respect to the King.

But let's let it slide, since this is his wife.

"Thank you, Lady Ahn Ri.. you can leave us now," Jung hyun smiled at her lady in waiting, the lady curtsey for the last time and went out for their privacy.

"What are you doing here, Jung hyun?" Ji Eun asked him.

"I am here for my wife, I think I have many reasons to be here," Jung hyun said, and the Queen scoffed at him.

"And the said wife wanted to be alone," Ji Eun stood up and turned her back to the King, going towards her bedroom.

"And the husband says you are being unreasonable to refuse him for your attention," Jung hyun followed her from behind, but Ji Eun is not having it.

"Can't you see.. I am feeling unwell, I don't want attention of any sort! I want to be alone!" Ji Eun shouted without looking back at him.

"Then should I ask the royal doctor to come forth.. it is very alarming that my Queen is feeling unwell without any special reason," Jung hyun said, perfectly calm.

"Can you please stop doing this to me Jung hyun!!" Ji Eun yelled at the King, turning to face his calm demeanor.

"What exactly am I doing to you?" Jung hyun looked at her eyes, the eyes that are so angry, he can feel chills in his skin.

"You are torturing me," "You are condemning me of my rig—

"What right are you pertaining to.. exactly Lee Ji Eun?" Jung hyun cut her off.

"What right is it that I am condemning you about?" Jung hyun questioned her but nothing rushed into her mouth. She is speechless.

"I have given you many privileges of what a Queen Regent does not have," "I have minimized the things that you were ought to do and still refused to do it," "I am not asking you anything that you are obligated as Queen nor forced you to do things you don't want!" Jung hyun shouted back.

"Not every Queen is lucky enough to be the King's Queen Regent," "But because you are protected by the sacred rule, it made you the regent after all that happened in the past,"

"And still you think I am condemning you rights? When in the very first place you are turning back to your obligation as the Queen of this Kingdom, Lee Ji Eun!" Jung hyun pointed out, but Ji Eun's glare is unfazed.

They are both in rage, silent accompanied by the cold air between them. Until the Queen broke their silence.

"I did not wish.. to be their Queen," "Nor ever be your wife.." Ji Eun said.