Chapter 14: Always With You

Ji Eun eyes widened staring at the staff drenched in dirt and mud, his face is in horror like everyone elses in the room, it was like a slow motion and what echoes in her mind was his title. Her Husband.

"Your Majesty! His Majesty is– is in danger!" The man repeated that broken all their glass and silence.

"What do you mean there's been an erosion?" Ji Eun's hand fell on her lap that her tea fell and shattered on the ground

"Where is His Majesty?!" Namjoon went towards the man, "What do yo—

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY HUSBAND IS IN DANGER?!"

Ji Eun cut off Namjoon, as she stood up shouting from her seat, the chair she sat on fell on the ground.

"Show the way to the mining area!" "RIGHT NOW!" Ji Eun commanded.

"This way, Your Majesty!" The man widely opened the door for all of them as they run towards the front door.

They all went inside the automobile towards the mining field, and in few minutes they can already see thr massive erosion on the very rear side of the cliff.

Her heart pumped hard to see people digging on the side while they went past them, people are screaming for help, many injured caused by the fall of machineries. And soon after the automobile stopped at the end of the eroded mining field, she hopped out immediately, with a leap of heart she shouted for his name casually.

"Jung hyun.." Ji Eun started panicking with Lim to support her from behind, "Jung Hyun!"

Namjoon on the other hand went past the Queen and start asking the people nearby the entrance.

"Where is the King?!" She shouted loud for the people to know, everyone started bowing their heads,

"Where is he?!" "Where's my husband?!" Ji Eun shouted as tears running on her cheek.

"He... His Majesty.." The miner stuttered while shaken up.

"Where?!"

"We have found Mr Lim!!" The miner on the entrance caught everyone's attention, but what got them the most was the scream of his wife.

"AAAAAHHHH!! SU HO!!!"

Mrs Lim run as fast as she can towards the entrance of the new mining field. She pushed everyone who's blocking her way towards the man.

He was upside down, facing the ground that the only thing that recognize him was the name on his vest.

"No!! Su-Su Ho!!"

"Aghhhh my husband!!"

Mrs Lim slowly touch her husband's neck looking for a pulse, he was covered with his blood.. mud...

And he wasn't breathing.

"No! No! No!"

"Andwaee!! My husband!!!"

Everyone is staring at her including Ji Eun and Namjoon. Ji Eun slowly walks towards the poor woman who just lost her husband. She was staring poorly at her pulling her husband out trapped in mud and rocks, crying out loud.

But before she could step one more closer, Mrs Lim's face changed look below where her husband was,

"Yo-Your... Majesty?"

Ji Eun's world started to shatter as she heard the title, she stared blankly in the eyes of the widowed woman, looking down on where the body of her husband was lying.

The whole place is filled with mud and unclear, but as the ray of sunlight poured the ground, there was a single light coming.. Exactly where Mr Lim lied.